It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:36 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Capital's Units
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:20 pm 

I think a basic infantry will be released that can be upgraded by spending points from light to heavy.
The other unit I would like to see for them is the free marines.
I think the banshees would add a dynamic to the game that will still need to be worked out, just like the jaeger commandoes will need to be adapted as well as any other flying model or wheeled vehicle.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:10 am 

Kraig_K wrote:
I think a basic infantry will be released that can be upgraded by spending points from light to heavy.
The other unit I would like to see for them is the free marines.
I think the banshees would add a dynamic to the game that will still need to be worked out, just like the jaeger commandoes will need to be adapted as well as any other flying model or wheeled vehicle.

I like that idea. As for elite, I'd prefer Sea Lions, but I think Free Marines are one of the more popular units.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:59 am 

Freedom Brigades. Not neccessarily as seperate miniatures (you can maybe also use standard Infantry), but with own stats like in Ultimate Warzone.
What is this i bean missing ????

i dont now what yunit to scrap i like them all, or samthing........ :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:09 am 

You could just have infantry and then the heavy infantry would be a upgrade (you glue on the extra armor and bigger weapons).

Same goes for some of the other "units". Free Marine miniatures, while cool, could be just different miniatures put together to form the unit.

I do hope to see rangers looking as cool as ever in their dusters and ranger hats with shadowed faces and gas masks and BFGs.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:21 pm 

Did the Barking Spyders ever make it into production?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:35 pm 

In fact when you look at the concept of the barking spiders in Casualties of War (3rd compendium Warzone 1st ed), they just look like capitol ranger They have a great difference although: barking are equiped with grenade launcher as firearms, Ranger with standard M-50.
I hope they make a return, even if their story make my think about a doom legion in another grim future game.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:51 pm 

If they do come back I hope they change the name, since barking spider is another name for passing gas in the U.S. Always thought that was dumb joke

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:32 pm 

Please lets see the return of the K-9 units. Dogs of all types are used in battle field roles so much today that we have almost surpassed Si/Fi. I really think that new sculps could see good sales, you`ve got German Shepherd, Rotweiller, for guard dogs then a multitude of Bomb sniffing dog breeds. Many manufacturers
have made dog wargame figures so these would get my money.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:31 pm 

Airborne wrote:
Please lets see the return of the K-9 units. Dogs of all types are used in battle field roles so much today that we have almost surpassed Si/Fi. I really think that new sculps could see good sales, you`ve got German Shepherd, Rotweiller, for guard dogs then a multitude of Bomb sniffing dog breeds. Many manufacturers
have made dog wargame figures so these would get my money.

We had a templar unit from Dark Eden that had "dogs" in it called the Gendarme Bestal! But that one is the only one I can recall. Granted the Cleansers were more dinosaur looking than dog-like.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:43 pm 

Light and Heavy Infantry without baseball caps and helmets. Actually, I really liked the 2nd Edition Light Infantry with their hats.

Free Marines, Sea Lions, Martian Banshees I would opt as the first special forces.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next