It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:40 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Capitol Troopers
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:36 pm 

This is the light infantry or heavy?
There is a distinction in WZR

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:51 pm 

rob_alderman wrote:
Seven, have you considered that the other faction's infantry will come with extra baggage as spare parts?

I hope they will, though in terms of aesthetic that might look a bit strange is some cases, imagine Brotherhood knight-like infantry with ammo pouches)

FCM wrote:
This is the light infantry or heavy?
There is a distinction in WZR

I was asking the same question. The division was from the 1st edition through the 2nd. I don't know if WZU had that too

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:27 pm 

Yes, all editions have the division.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:37 am 

They look like Light Infantry to me. Their upper body looks to just be a flak jacket, their knee pads and shoulder pads are almost dead-on for 2nd Edition Capitol lights. That and the shin-mounted mag-pouches are in the same spot as the 2nd Edition lights. So my guess is probably light infantry at this point with the heavies probably looking more armoured, like the Hussars with a breast plate and slightly up-scaled shoulders (though possibly with more leg armour).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:19 pm 

I don't like this. They look too modern and too generic. The don't have even a shadow of the capitol style. 2ed capitol troops had own style, there wasn't second such design in any tabletop or computer game. I loved assault marines masks and helmets. I think that those elements had potential. You should mix diesel punk retro design with 2ed concepts . And if you are trying to recreate modern soldier look, please study tactical equipment. I'm sorry, maybe I'm too harsh, but positive opinions are not going to help you to improve miniatures.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:26 pm 

Sorry you are not a fan bro, but the general consensus it that fans are overwhelmingly liking the new look with very few changes suggested.

I don't get what anyone saw in those hideous Assault Marines. Seriously they were very poor miniatures IMO.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:07 pm 

Big Jim V wrote:
Sorry you are not a fan bro, but the general consensus it that fans are overwhelmingly liking the new look with very few changes suggested.

I don't get what anyone saw in those hideous Assault Marines. Seriously they were very poor miniatures IMO.

Agreed. The Assault Marines had great stats in UWZ, but the figures were pretty much the worst Capitol figures IMO. But then again, I was a fan of the baseball caps and football helmets, and hated the drill sgt hats on 2nd ed LI; so much so, that I continued (and still do) to use the old school LI. I did get some 2nd ed Li for completion's sake though.

I love the new Capitol infantry. I'd actually be OK with just infantry, no designation of light or heavy. It's a new game after all.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:52 am 

So you think that that I'm not a fan beacause I don't like new infantry? Please tell me what makes that you like those miniatures so much. I have some Ariadna miniatures (from Infinity) and I'm telling you that new Capitol infantry isn't new. Corvus Belli is much more better in creating look alike modern soldier miniatures. I would prefer if Prodos made something like Dust Warfare .

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:43 am 

I think you totally misunderstood me. I did not say you were not a fan of Warzone. You implied heavily here:

pak0 wrote:
I don't like this.

That you are not a fan of the new Capitol infantry models.

So I was being sympathetic to you because you did not like the new style for the Capitol Infantry models. While at the same time pointing out that the majority of the comments have been very positive about the new style.

I like them cause I think they look really cool in a retro sci-fi way.

I really wish everyone would calm down a bit. I have seen a lot of us bashing heads for no reason over slight misunderstandings in the past week.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:56 am 

And this is only the kickstarter phase. If the game catches on (all fingers crossed!) there will be many more units, modifications, both miniature and rule wise.

I hope Prodos will keep their good custom of showing new minis on the forum before the final stage.

I agree, it could be made more "Capitolian" but I like the design.

Assault Marines - lot of potential, poor execution. Somehow I still like them. Same goes for the Rangers - and some of the poses were awesome. The gloves too big.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next