It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:25 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:04 pm 

So we have improved the Capitol Troopers:

And here is how they look with the Airbourne Upgrade Pack (5 backpacks and 5 head variants):

And how the upgrade works:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:46 pm 

I like the Airborne Pack but how can you call the Troopers an improvement to this:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/513 ... sts/441233

Sorry but this is a sad day for me. The original renders were top notch. This is no improvement imho. :cry: :cry: :cry:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:54 pm 

Well, I hope to get some helmets/gas masks closer to the first draft, but other than that, I like this version very much.

And I absolutely love the Airborne upgrade pack. Glad I've ordered two of them. :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:33 pm 

As I have said on the Facebook page, I doubt the old renders will go unused. It was decided they were just too far a jump away from the old Light Infantry and perhaps a little too 'fussy' for basic infantry.

I really like these and I am glad to see them, but sincerely hope the old renders find use elsewhere. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:08 pm 

not a fan of the new ones as a matter of fact I hate them. they have no ammo how will they fight? I think that the grimacing head is terrible as well the mouth is odd looks more ready to cry and its too wide

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:50 am 

The new ones are cool but the old ones were cool too. Please dont throw them away.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:15 am 

As Rob said the originals will probably make an appearance later, hopefully with better shoulder pads, they were the weakest part of that design.

That said these new Light Infantry are great and this helmet will allow for better continuity with the classic Capitol artwork everyone seems to love.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:29 am 

What turns me off the most are the helmets.

I feel a bit ripped off here. During the campaign you show a nice product: Cool helmets, gasmasks and lots of additional gear.

Then after everybody has finalized their pledge (of course based on the renders shown so far) you come up with a heavily downgraded product: silly helmets, no additional gear and try to sell it as "improved". At the same time you sell an upgrade pack (for half the price of an entire squad) which makes the product look acceptable and promise to sell the original product later on.

This is like showing me a lion and then sell me a pig. It still has four legs and a tail but ..... you know what i mean.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:13 am 

I must agree as well that the old ones looked better. The difference between the new and old are not that big (leg and arm armor, pouches and heads), but the new helmets do not look good at all. Nevertheless, I understand this move, to keep up more with the old design just like Jim said, if you look at Bonner's art
http://www.paulbonner.net/load_colart.p ... =4&imax=42 the new helmets look very similar to desert scorpions' helmet from the 1st ed. I hope that we get some extra equipment on the sprues, since the basic infantry will be plastic (at least some pouches?).

Another thing that one can notice is that the airborne upgrade helmets are the same as Martial Banshees sergeant's, hmmm I am not sure if I like that and understand this decision (saving the costs with one design)?. Also it looks like all 5 of them will be the same :(

I think only the new shoulder pads have been improved.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:33 am 

the reasons they changed them was that a lot of people complained about them being to far from the old (earlier edition) light infantry.

These seems more in line with what the other factions get as standard troops, sure I'd have preferred the other factions had been raised to the awesome level that was the earlier rends but i can see that would've been a lot more work.
That said I dont mind them, but shouldn't the arms be a little thicker where they meet the shoulder? Or is it just the picture?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next