It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:05 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:48 am 

I have to admit, I am quite taken with these guys. They are an update of the trooper design seen in a lot of 1st Edition art (the helmet is bang on) and looking at them just screams Capitol to me. Don't get me wrong, loved the original renders. But these ones seem to pop for me. Old school aesthetics tweaked with new school design.

The helmets sans facemask are the spitting image of the ones seen in various bits of Bonner art. The ones with the mask remind me a lot of the purple shark crew helmets. Definitely the closest to the art any Capitol minis has ever been in quite some time.

For all the back and forth in the other thread about Capitol not having much aesthetic identity (or at least being all over the place), I took one look at these guys and knew they were Capitol models. The helmets, the shoulder pads, the look of the weapons, everything. These guys looked like Capitol models in a way no generic space-USA mini could. Good job on that Prodos, I didn't think that could be done so easily.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:07 am 

see I never played the old games I couldn't possibly care less how close to the old models these guys look. I care about how good they look now and I don't like these minis. im feeling a little ripped off being told im getting these minis instead of the cool looking ones I pledged for if the heads were different or if I even just had more to pick from and they had some ammo pouches and stuff I wouldn't mind so much, but as the renders here stand im extremely disappointed and would have stuck with 3 factions instead of going with 5 if I had known they were going to take all the things I liked about the renders and remove them.

but give me some goggled and or gas mask heads and one or two without helmets and give them their ammo pouches and I can settle for the new design.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:28 am 

What Xaxius said is a good idea. Just give them some pouches on the sprues and few non-helmeted heads to make more people happy.

I totally agree with the aesthetics argument, they look more Capitol right now, even though they may look not as good as the previous renders. I think they still look damn fine and they grow on me every time I look at them.

Still, what about the Banshees Sgt. mask used for Airborne? Would be really nice to give them some more variety. I remember seeing some early concept of Airborne with leg thrusters and different helmets. I think it was shown on Facebook, let me look it up.

Finally, I totally like the idea of using the old concept as Capitol Alpha Force (crack anti terrorist unit, elite of elites as described in the RPG). So maybe one day we will see them.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:07 am 

Prodos already stated in the updates comment section that the "old" design of the troopers will not be wasted but used otherwise. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:35 pm 

I prefer this new look to previous one and love Airbourne upgrade. Now remake also these awful wh40k Termies wanna be and give Capitol proper Heavy Infantry.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:53 pm 

What do you mean. Those heavy infantry don't want to be 40k termies. They look great as they are!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:10 pm 

Capitol's Heavy Infantry never had power armour. Capitol was never a power armour faction. Current Heavy Infantry is as unfluffy for Capitol as it gets.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:28 pm 

You have your stand point but this is warzone resurrection. So roll with approved changes buddy. You are welcome to your option of course but I think you should appreciate that prodos has the licence and paradox has approved the design.

If its good enough for the guys who made warzone/ mutant chronicles its good enough for me.

Embrace change instead of stamping your feet and saying its not right and we can all be happy :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:53 pm 

Shadow Walker wrote:
Capitol's Heavy Infantry never had power armour. Capitol was never a power armour faction. Current Heavy Infantry is as unfluffy for Capitol as it gets.

I agree that each faction should have distinctive feel to it. I think that as long as Capitol's power armors are not that heavy (I mean max medium armor value) it is ok. it actually looks like it is the case as their unit size is rather large (10). For me it is clear that Mishima should get the heavy ones as it is their flagship characteristic. I think the Capitol's heavy infantry is more likely to be at Hatamoto's armor value or lower. Mishima is likely to get Tiger Dragons in power armors as well, which is interesting considering that it will have light/fast good in CC (Samurai) and heavy CC units (Hatamoto that actually might count as troops, not support and possibly Tiger Dragons). Capitol's heavy are more likely to be fire support with some CC possibility. We will see in a week.

Even though I go all the way for Capitol and I love the heavy infantry concept (getting 10 of them), if my speculation is not the case, I would rather see them without power armor.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:19 pm 

Please dont listen to the critics! They all got nostaliga goggels on! I say again and again you must stay true to your vison of the warzone game. I has all looked great so far. Dont go back!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next