It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:52 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:02 am 

I am disapointed as well in the new troopers, they look ok but nothing near as cool as the old renders. Dislike the helmets and miss the ammo packs, but if we get the old renders as another unit I will be happy enough. Jarek said something about engineering reasons they changed them. I am betting it made them easier to change into airborne rangers this way and that is what he meant (guessing).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:29 am 

There is a huge gulf of difference between a movie and the model range!

So would people have preferred prodos just sent out mismatched poor quality figures ( guessing again from madzerkers post) or just sent out the new models without informing you!!

Kickstarter is a funding system NOT a PREORDER system. You pays your monies, and enjoy the ride!

I think some people need to get a bit of perspective, we have WARZONE BACK. Prodos are doing an excellent job, compounded by a loved IP and everyone has their own mirror shaded opinion and somehow every model is iconic (far to overused a word) typically the very vocal minority keep looking for errors whether minor or otherwise.

Change happens!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:17 am 

Fully support Eisenhorn here, as can be seen in the KS comments section.

The renders were and are no final products but always open to change, and this was said by Prodos. So there is no need or right to claim something like being deceived. That's just way over the top.

Besides, the "old" design will be used for another unit.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:52 am 

eisenhorn wrote:
There is a huge gulf of difference between a movie and the model range!

So would people have preferred prodos just sent out mismatched poor quality figures ( guessing again from madzerkers post) or just sent out the new models without informing you!!

Kickstarter is a funding system NOT a PREORDER system. You pays your monies, and enjoy the ride!

I think some people need to get a bit of perspective, we have WARZONE BACK. Prodos are doing an excellent job, compounded by a loved IP and everyone has their own mirror shaded opinion and somehow every model is iconic (far to overused a word) typically the very vocal minority keep looking for errors whether minor or otherwise.

Change happens!

I'm not complaining. Just pointing out that a lot of us dont want too radical changes. If we cannot tell Prodos how we like our warzone how well Prodos know how we like our warzone, guessing? It's Not complaining it's (somewhat) constructive feedback. For an example my suggestion to how they could keep all three rendered capitol infantry units and bring it more in line with the old backstory.

And I'd be very interested to know what suggestions paradox has turned down from a licensee.
oh and yes movies are different movies are mainstream media and you have to be much more careful when licensing a movie than when licensing a miniatures range cause a lot more people will see it and forever associate your trademark with it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:58 am 

Cheers lighteater :)

The old designs are 'boxed' so they will try and work with them to make something useful!

Thedungen
The thing is this has to appeal to older people like me and you and new people too. I want this to be successful. But I'm sorry but with 3 versions of warzone, 2 rpg, ffg game, tabletop games..... There's just too many people saying my versions right. Well no Prodos's version is the 'new' right. I trust them to do the right thing, as yes the ip was mishandled by the film and flopped for ffg. I
Think prodos deserves a bit more respect and are doing what needs to be done :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:01 am 

For tabletop read board games :/ ops ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:13 pm 

I do respect what they did, and like the vast majority of the things they did. And I'm never late to point out that i like things when i like them. For an example i like these new infantry (sans the shoulder issue that I've already pointed out but that's not an issue of style) and i liked the old infantry. I didn't mind the heavy infantry but i get what the people who dont was getting at. I like that they never (well almost never) scrap a concept but if it doesn't work as what they introduced it as they use it for something else.

I wasn't to fond of the redesign of the hatamoto (and again here i didn't mind the design i mind that they were hatamoto, the problem is the old hatamoto got removed not the new ones got created), but i loved their ronin.
I say when I like minis and when I dont like minis. I dont demand that they go my way, but i still point out what I like and dont like, and if everyone does that honestly then Prodos will have a much better understanding of what's poplar and what's not.
In the mishima case others, like shadowwalker i think, said they liked the increase in power armour and disliked the bushido samurai (ok the not shooting stuff I dont like either but moving on). So then they know both way have their fans and they should try to support both sides.

I'm just concerned that prodos may be going in a 40k direction because 40k is so popular, but I think similarities between warzone and 40k is what killed it the last few times. As Paul Barnett of mythic put it, "you can't try to be the beatles, if you try to be the beatles you end up being the monkies if you instead try to do something on your own you're led zepplin".

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:38 pm 

1st I hate the Beatles ;) Lead Zepplin well that's a band :)

Prodos are not going 40k/GW on us! Because to start with they actually talk to the fan base, inform us what is coming and if constructive and fits with their vision make changes. They make really nice more true scale models. And it's a skirmish + scale battle game.

GW do heroic size figures you have no idea what's coming and they really couldn't give toss what we think. And mass battle more more more.

The 2nd ed box and chronopia and its epic scale game made GW notice last time. I want prodos to scare the living &£@t out of GW again :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:45 pm 

And there is listening to the fans but you end up getting pulled in too many directions and they lose their vision. I think again people need to accept that prodos cannot please everyone. And to be fair I don't think they should be forced by the very vocal minority. As there are far more people who have said nothing than those that have, me included ;)

Earlier in the campaign I was accused of being a fanboy. Well I've played the game, and I've seen some figures (grumpy gamers) and yeah I'm a fan boy, so I'm passionate about what's coming. And I've harped on about mirror shades, but its true. It's 2013, tech is better change happens!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:11 pm 

"So would people have preferred prodos just sent out mismatched poor quality figures ( guessing again from madzerkers post) or just sent out the new models without informing you!!"

I am confused, why would I prefer Prodos to send out mismatched poor quality figures? I was wishing they put out the original renders which were in my opinion higher quality but since they said they will prolly use them as another unit I am satisfied because I will still get them. Some of us can be fanboys too (I owned multiples of every old warzone model and pledged the 2 of each model in this kickstarter) but still state what we like and not like because a: it is good for Prodos to see people's opinions and b: this is a forum where people who love the game talk about what they like and dislike ect..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next