It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:33 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Heavy Trooper Render
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:45 am 

Post subject: Re: Heavy Trooper Render
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:04 am 

They look nice! I really like the helmeted head, its a great focal point and i can easily see it getting painted as a skull mask on a trooper to make it more as an individual.
Something bugs me with the heavy weapon, but not sure what it is... might be the chainblade that isnt my thing.
Overal very good looking!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:32 am 

Awesome! I really love the heavy chainsaw/machine-gun they carry around, so they gotta be both a ranged support weapon as well as a heavy chainsaw for up and close dark legions!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:33 am 

I like how they look, amazing!!! Chainrippers have always been part of Warzone and I am glad they are making a come back. The only thing that wonders me is that heavy weapons. Do they have both, heavy weapons and CC weapons? Heavy weapons with Chainrippers? This combination seems to me odd, or they will come in two different versions (not mixed squads)?

Edit: Actually, thinking about it a bit more, since all heavy weapons in WZ:R have short range 18"-24", it makes sense to give them to a CC/close support unit

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:12 pm 

Awesome design! I'm very happy with the look of these guys! Winner! :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:23 pm 

I love that they aren't power armour troops any more, that makes the factions somewhat more different. capitol was always about manoeuvrability and these seems to have that in mind especially with the banshee style jet exhausts on the back.

Reminds me a bit of the marine in the Starcraft 2 trailer, give le leader a cigar and he'll be ready to comment on that "hell it's about time" and for warzone it really is.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:30 pm 

TheDungen wrote:
I love that they aren't power armour troops any more, that makes the factions somewhat more different. capitol was always about manoeuvrability and these seems to have that in mind especially with the banshee style jet exhausts on the back.

Reminds me a bit of the marine in the Starcraft 2 trailer, give le leader a cigar and he'll be ready to comment on that "hell it's about time" and for warzone it really is.

Ehem, I think it is power armor and these "jet exhausts" look like ventilation or exhausts for the power armor, rather than jet/rocket engine for maneuverability. Rob maybe can clarify it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:24 pm 

I really like them, but do the two with flamethrowers have physical, human arms?
They appear to have weapons where their forearms should be.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:13 pm 

Wouldn't power armour require some sort of way to transfer power too the joints? like pistons?

Anyway they still look way lighter than the power armour we've seen on bauhaus and mishima, which is again the way it should be.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:33 pm 

Brother Jim wrote:
I really like them, but do the two with flamethrowers have physical, human arms?
They appear to have weapons where their forearms should be.

Nope, if you look at the arms, the one with flamer is longer, meaning that the hand is hidden inside the armor. On facebook you can see the pic explaining it. Here it is

@TheDungen yeah you are right, someone said that they are "servo assisted", which makes a lot of sense. They don't require so much power as power armors so they probably can have some battery pack or other mechanical assistance. Now, power armors have engines as we have seen in case of Bauhaus. Hmmm I wonder if Hatamoto will have similar design or full power armor (unlikely looking at their point cost).

Attachments:
12.jpg
12.jpg [ 31.84 KiB | Viewed 5507 times ]