It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:08 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Capitol PDF
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:44 pm 

ok so I don't see any info on this...

if I use Big Bob Watts in my army and take a squad of free marines as a troop choice does that change the units type to Troop or are they still a Support unit?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:43 pm 

You can choose to take them as troop but don't have to. It's a nice option so that people can field more of them.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:37 pm 

Xaxius wrote:
ok so I don't see any info on this...

if I use Big Bob Watts in my army and take a squad of free marines as a troop choice does that change the units type to Troop or are they still a Support unit?

Sorry I missunderstood your question in my last answer.

In effect they replace a troop slot. So instead of hogging a support slot for your free marines, it's now open for other support troops... Which could ALSO be free marines :). So in effect Big Bob lets you field 4 squads of free marines instead of only two.

Pure awesome!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:36 pm 

Feralzen wrote:

Sorry I missunderstood your question in my last answer.

In effect they replace a troop slot. So instead of hogging a support slot for your free marines, it's now open for other support troops... Which could ALSO be free marines :). So in effect Big Bob lets you field 4 squads of free marines instead of only two.

Pure awesome!

...you still misunderstood my question...

let me try explaining it...
each unit has a unit type (troop, support, monster, light vehicle, heavy vehicle, lord, warlord) that lets you know what kind choice it counts for. some special rules affect units of certain types.
what I want to know is if I use Big Bob Watts or Mitch Hunter to take a unit with the Support type as a troop choice does that change their unit type to Troop or are they still a Support type unit?

if I take Sea Lions as a troop choice and have the close combat tactical training of "2nd “Martian Quarterbacks” Assault Battalion" which bonus do they get? do they get the bonus that Troops get (+2 CC +2 Engage) or the bonus that Support gets (+1 ROA)?

because the ability says that they are "included" as "troop choices" it dosent say they are changed into troops but it does say that you get resource card that a troop squad commander would grant you...

on a side not I may have just forgotten but did they change the force organization rules to make the only limitations be based on unit type choice limit or are there still inherent limitations per unit such as being able to take a max of 2 heavy infantry squads?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:26 pm 

I think that since they are initially support, they would pick up the support skill, but I am interested in the actual interpretation, myself.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:21 pm 

Any Free Marines taken by Big Bob as troops cease being support units and become troops in all circumstances including giving the army a Resource card while the squad commander is alive.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:28 am 

does this also apply for martian banshees being troops using 11th “Avenging Angels” Assault Battalion tactical training? and Airborne Cavalry being support using the 44th “Wild Dogs” Airborne Cavalry Battalion tactical training?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:29 am 

Yes if they change Offensive Org slots they become the moved to selection for all purposes.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:47 am 

so any purple sharks taken as support (using any of the numerous tactical training options that allow this) cease to be light vehicles and become support in all circumstances. and any airborne cavalry taken as light vehicle/monster using the 44th “Wild Dogs” Airborne Cavalry Battalion tactical training cease being troops and become... Both light vehicles and monsters? or do I get to pick which they become?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:12 am 

Any Purple Sharks taken as Support gain all the benefits of being Support. If you want them to have the benefits of being a Light Vehicle, you must take them as a Light Vehicle.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next