It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:04 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Capitol PDF
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:44 pm 

I just realized that (unless they changed the rule in rulebook 1.1) im going to be able to use purple sharks that are taken as support to carry objectives because the rules say that light vehicle/monster choices cant but theyed be support now YAY!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:55 pm 

I already caught that and it has, been handled. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:04 pm 

yay ...any answer as to which type my airborne cav become are they light vehicles or are they monsters or both?

and if they are light vehicles can I put c4 on them?

...that makes me wonder what exactly defines a unit as a vehicle?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:07 pm 

They just take up that slot, they do not actually become light vehicles. A vehicle is a vehicle.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:56 pm 

Big Jim V wrote:
They just take up that slot, they do not actually become light vehicles. A vehicle is a vehicle.

wait that's the opposite of the answer you gave me earlier...
Big Jim V wrote:
Yes if they change Offensive Org slots they become the moved to selection for all purposes.

so which is it? do units taken in a different choice than their printed type keep their printed unit type and just use the slot or do they get the unit type from the slot they occupy?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:43 pm 

Xaxius wrote:

Yes, you can!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:03 pm 

rob_alderman wrote:
Xaxius wrote:

Yes, you can!

ok so that is actually a bad thing because that implies that they qualify as vehicles and therefore are required to follow the vehicle rules. which makes them unusable because they don't have the vehicle stats and therefore get no action points...although you could turn to burn to get one I guess but then they don't have the rest of the stat line so they would either be invincible because they have no SP stat or they would instantly die because they have no SP... if they use their normal stats instead though they still ignore weapon strength and instead only have their armor affected by AVV...

so this
Big Jim V wrote:

should be the answer

and therefore the answer for all unit substitutions. units that are taken as a choice that isn't their printed type should ONLY use that slot and nothing else. this means that a unit that is normally a support taken as a troop choice should still be considered a support for all purposes.

now you may think "but what about the resource cards" well that's fixed by changing the resource card rule to say
"Each unit taken as a troop choice that has a Squad commander adds another Resource Card for that army."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:56 pm 

Xaxius wrote:
Big Jim V wrote:

wait that's the opposite of the answer you gave me earlier...
Big Jim V wrote:
Yes if they change Offensive Org slots they become the moved to selection for all purposes.

so which is it? do units taken in a different choice than their printed type keep their printed unit type and just use the slot or do they get the unit type from the slot they occupy?

IDk now I am confused looking at Robs comment. I will get this straight from the source. What Rob said makes no sense to me at all, a vehicle is a vehicle. It is just common sense people.

That said what I have said in both cases still makes sense to me. It is about slot choices and bonuses, but it most certainly does not turn a man into a vehicle.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:02 am 

the problem is that if you look at both of your answers they conflict you said if I take the airborne cav as something besides troops they become that unit type but if I take them as light vehicle/monster they don't become that type both of these answers related to the exact same ability doing the exact same thing but are opposite answers it cant be both ways.

the rule needs to be that they don't change types they retain their original unit type and are affected by all bonuses penalties and abilities as such. that way you avoid any kind of unit identity confusion or abuse of game abilities due to keyword swapping

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:39 am 

You are splitting hairs I really hate when gamers do that, so forgive me if the following sound rude. It is obvious if someone uses a little common sense what the rule is intended to do.

For all intents the swap makes the unit a light vehicle choice, not a light vehicle. How is this so hard to understand?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next