It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:00 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:16 am 

Game played and he is worth every single point. In fact, would we play this game competitively I would only take custom Warlords. They are way cheaper and have a clear focus: stomp things in close combat or shoot them from afar. All the fluffy stuff in all named Warlords (like the Micro-quake...who ever uses this???) costs points and usually is not worth it. And I'd rather have 5 ST16 shots for 1 Resource than the 1 Plasma shot that can transfer. But against a vehicle it's still only 1 hit, while a ranged warlord has the potential to one-shot an Orca (okay, the chances are near 0% but still ;)). The low Armour value of custom models doesn't bother me at all. Most enemies firing at your Warlord probably have high damage output anyway, so you're often testing at Impenetrable Armour...which is about equal.
Next time I will be trying a Custom Warlord and a Custom Lord which costs about the same as a named Warlord.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:35 pm 

Thanks for sharing Malebolgia, I find this very interesting. I guess I had assumed the game would just be played with the named Warlord/Lords, but seeing as how the customs are effective for what they are needed for tells me competitive play will probably have more customs than not.

My hope is future books add a little more customization options for the warlords, to allow them to have gear/armor/special abilities of the base case they represent. IE allow me to make a custom Martian Banshee Warlord with the jetpack added for X price.