It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:03 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Diamond Question
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:46 pm 

Hi all, hope I can clear up at least my use of the word "diamonds In the novel Dementia the lead character Cyril Dent, in his persona Rex, refers to two different types of Chasseurs. The Vacs ,brain juice 1, that are good workers but no imagination. Then the Tiffs, like himself, brain juice 2, that constantly question. His supervisor Carl refers to all Chasseurs as the Mark 2`s and states that their very attributes, makes them "Diamonds". They need the human spark. This is the start of Cyril`s acceptance of his death and rebirth.
In our R.P.G. games we used these terms. Vince Diamond was a Chasseur who's name happened to be Diamond.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:55 pm 

Airborne wrote:
Hi all, hope I can clear up at least my use of the word "diamonds In the novel Dementia the lead character Cyril Dent, in his persona Rex, refers to two different types of Chasseurs. The Vacs ,brain juice 1, that are good workers but no imagination. Then the Tiffs, like himself, brain juice 2, that constantly question. His supervisor Carl refers to all Chasseurs as the Mark 2`s and states that their very attributes, makes them "Diamonds". They need the human spark. This is the start of Cyril`s acceptance of his death and rebirth.
In our R.P.G. games we used these terms. Vince Diamond was a Chasseur who's name happened to be Diamond.

nothing like hearing it from the source! :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:50 pm 

After I`d made my post a nagging thought came in my brain. I`m sure that there`s 3 not 2 Cybertronic sections. I`ve dug out my novels scrolled through Dementia and here is the answer. I was wrong and right at the same time. The Rex persona of Cyril Dent (made from the dead Quentin Kell) saw only two.On his total acceptance of his death the reborn duo Rex/ Kell become the complete Cyril Dent. Then in the discussion following with is superior Carl he is informed.
1-The Mk1 easy recruited Vacs suppressed of emotions totaly loyal, limited creativity.
2-The Mk2 Creative Tiffs The Doctor's Research people, anyone with an imagination.
3- The Mk3 Diamonds(Carl states) called that for their value and multiple faceted abilities who are recruited from the ranks of any corporation.
Hope that corrects my earlier slight mistake and settles everybody's questions.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:04 pm 

Thank you all!