It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:57 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:02 pm 

Im looking forward to VOLTIGEUR miniature. Any news on voltigeur? any previews?

And for future releases we need SHOCK TROOPS :D with atleast 1 Gehenna puker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:08 pm 

Ta6500, Chemiman, standard Machinators [cc ones].

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:06 pm 

Chemiman would be awesome! Ta6500 in my opinion should return as a light vehicle walker, 3 legged walker :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:10 am 

Definitely Vince Diamond!!! :!:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:22 am 

Chemiman

Chemimen are special commandos of Cybertronic who serve mostly in covert battlefield roles. The name is a derivative of the concept of human perfection through science - specifically, "chemical" enhancement. Their keen senses, steady hands and remarkable agility make them ideal as snipers and assassins. The distinctive Chemiman armor suit has a face-plate that - by design or accident - has a skull-like appearance, and a curious addition to the Chemiman's arsenal is a pair of shoulder-mounted grenade launchers, which can be configured to launch several different types of ordnance. (Often, they're used to deploy teargas, smoke or flash grenades, rigged in this way so that the commando can "panic-launch" them with quick response time. Fragmentation grenades are possible, but not quite so advisable to use in a "panic-launch" situation.)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:13 am 

Agreed can't wait to see what the Voltigeur will look like. Personnaly, I imagine it will look like a either a praying mantis or a Dung Bug. Would look awesome!

Chemiman is the logical choice for a shock troop IMO. Though I'm sure Jarek still has plenty of suprises in store for Cybertronic.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:51 pm 

I'd change the background for the chemimans to them being enhanced through nanites rather than chemicals (Much more believable and much more high tech). But other than that it sounds fine.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:31 pm 

I want a Cybertronic Doomtrooper, and a bit more "character" in the warlords in general. Immortal and Everassur are to similiar, as I posted in my other topic. I would -love- a Scorpion themed Warlord in some form. Either a "human" who uses them extensively, or a Warlord in a Scorpion chassi.

Unitswise? Chemiman was a really cool concept. I'd make it be a lord though (they were generally loners, so a support group of several seems off), and yeah, I probably would modify it somewhat as TheDungen said. Nanites over chemicals. But I would have it attack using chemicals and a sniper rifle (as before), perhaps laced with nanites? I would also like some more CC-oriented troops, or troops arriving by deep strike.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:02 pm 

Well to the technofobes of the rest of the solar system the difference between nanites and chemicals would be very hard to understand so the name really works anyway. But even with that the use of one does no exclude the other.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:34 pm 

I like the concept of Chemimen, it suits well the dieselpunk feeling of Warzone... Changing it into nanotechnology ("Nanomen"?), which is more of a cyberpunk concept, would take part of that magic away. There's not really too much place for high tech in the Mutant Chronicles world without diluting the atmosphere, even when it comes to Cybertronic. Though as TheDungen says, even if they'd use nanites, most people in the universe wouldn't recognize it anyway :lol:

Also, would be nice to see TA6500 back, though it would need some major design overhaul... Wouldn't make it a walker though since that would change the whole concept bit too much. However, a new walker unit would be nice (a TA7000 maybe?). :P