It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:40 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:43 pm 

Well I`m allmost mind blown with this new machine, from a thing of jokes before. Prodos have created a deadly shark faced killing machine like a streamlined Battle Tech Mad Cat The perfect sculp for a great machine what the original should have been but more style. Once again I salute you.
Get over to Kick Start and feast your eyes.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:06 pm 

Airborne wrote:
Well I`m allmost mind blown with this new machine, from a thing of jokes before. Prodos have created a deadly shark faced killing machine like a streamlined Battle Tech Mad Cat The perfect sculp for a great machine what the original should have been but more style. Once again I salute you.
Get over to Kick Start and feast your eyes.

Yep I agree wholeheartedly! In my imagination I always wanted too see the Eradicator as a sleek, but still large, killing machine. Not a clumsy mech. And I really think this update delivered just that!

Way to go!

:D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:43 pm 

Even if it's not quite finished I'm very happy with the current rendering. It retains the overall theme of the classic design yet modernises it at the same time. Really really looking forward to adding this next to my existing EDD.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:21 am 

"Now I have an Erradicator. Ho, ho, ho." :twisted:
I've seen it always as a mix between a Marauder and a Mad Cat. Now it looks even better 8-)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:30 pm 

I really like the new restlyling Eradicator!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:21 pm 

It looks really nice! I was afraid that they were going to scrap the old egg design in favor for something more "modern" but I'm glad they didn't! I'd say the legs should be slightly rounded though and I'm not talking about anything near the old EDD's legs ;) rather as in making the edges less sharp and give them a slightly "bulging" surface Not very much though. I think It would harmonize the design a bit. And the arms might need to be somewhat longer. But I'd say it kicks ass as it is though :D !

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:57 pm 

Very happy with the new look. So totally can't wait to start painting these up!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:09 pm 

WOW!!!

I`m very impressed with the rendering of the Eradicator! Somehow it managed to keep close to the original and yet modern.

The only thing that might improve it IMHO is to make the lower legs covered like the upper part. And the extra wire leading to the Chainripper seems out of place too...

Hope to see additional weapon configurations for it too..

Otherwise - excellent job!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:25 pm 

5'' tall? Is it not too big? I think 4'' max would be closer to Mr. Bonner art. Now he is bigger than Pretorian Behemoth that as Prodos said is 4".

Last edited by Shadow Walker on Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:04 am 

To be honest, it seems to be a true "Retro-Eradicator", this is to say, it is a flashback of old artwork from 1996 Cybertronic Corporation RPG Rulebook (Bergting B&W sketches).

I think this is absolutely a wise choice. You had two options, re-release the "old" EDD following Paul Bonner's art OR release a new one following other artwork and your own style. You hit the spot!

You can see these images I refer to in my post for Mutant Chronicles Spanish Community here: http://mutantchronicles.mforos.com/8833 ... #102120267

....[END OF TRANSMISSION]