It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:15 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:08 am 

Hi,

I am about to go out and get my first WZR army and Cybertronic is one of my 'options'. I could really use a few pointers in regards to Cybertronic in general, and Chasseurs vs. Armoured Chasseurs specifically.
I absolutely love the Armoured Chasseurs' models. Would it be viable to have a troop section mostly focused around the Armoured Chasseurs?

For my first 1000 points army (/purchase) I'm thinking something like this:

2 - 3 units of Armoured Chasseurs
Mirrormen
1 - 2 Attila mk. I

Any comments are more than welcome.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:33 am 

As Armoured Chasseurs are very fast (Power Blink, 12" movt ignoring terrain), I'd suggest that you focus on units that can infiltrate, RD or move fast to back them up. Hence Atilla MkI is good, Enhanced Machinators and Scorpions are also good. Mirrormen would take some finesse to use, but can be useful to run forward and jump on a unit while they are distracted dealing with multiple A-Chass at the same time. You can also use A-Chass to throw a sonic grenade and stun the target before the Mirrormen rush in, achieving a brief stunlock in CC (where the enemy has only 1 AP and has to use it to recover from stunned)

The other good thing about A-chass is the shotgun is blast, allowing you to mince basic troopers. Most armour is A12 with Blast (-2), so St14 Shotgun gives them only a 6 to save (and it ignores cover). You can also fire the shotgun and then use the SMG to pick off targets further away.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:20 am 

Not having played the game but Armoured chassueurs have invunrable armour saves something which I suspect will be great for a lucky player. Regular chasseurs seem really fragile imo.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:51 pm 

Regular Chasseurs can take Diana clones, drop mirage generators and are quite cheap for their firepower output. They're really vulnerable to blast, but otherwise are generally in line with other infantry. Their ability to walk through cover means that they should never be left in the open.