It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:59 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:55 pm 

I am just glad they went with the classic look to Cybertronic verses the bio-form that last set of developers were working on. Although i would like to see some more of the classic stuff, i am pretty sure I will be grabbing Cybertronic as the 2nd army for my pledge.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:29 pm 

I enjoyed my Cybertronic army with 3 reservations, Vince in his striped "PJs", Arthur in his skirt, and my eggs, which I was asked fried or boiled. From B`ham to Stourbridge my opponents comments were as above. Why a great corp as Cybertronic main characters and Machine provoked such laughter, was a shame .The new range looks deadly, I hope the "Diamonds" are given the same style!
Chear All,

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:06 am 

I have played Cybertronic since the 1st edition, and I love the "feel" of the corporation. For the most part, the Cyber figs were well sculpted, and had a good range of different forces to choose from. I was dissapointed in 2nd edition, because I felt that the Cyber force list had mediocre stats, but the hightes troop costs. UWZ put the balance about right.

I like the "old style" Chasseurs, and I'm glad to see the WZR design that takes a cool concept and updates the look. Attilla's had a great look, and the new concept art, again, takes the classic lines and updates the figures. Shock Troops, Machinators, Vince, Diana and Cyril were OK figures. I am anxious to see what an updating of these figures will reveal.

The "chicken footed death droid" was fun to play, but a resculpt is needed. The TA-6500 was not that great, either.

I think that all the vehicles in the 1st edition were pretty marginal to ouright bad. Again, an updated re-design has great potential!

Cybertronic: Superior by design.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:16 pm 

Just another Cybertronic player reporting for duty!

Collecting Cybertronic since 1st Ed. Lately managed to get some of the figs released for MC as well.

I like the updates a lot, but there some points could be improved IMHO:

The new Chasseurs look great, especially like the variety they can be put together, but somehow the upper body feels quite different from the lower torso and legs! One has an organic/cyborg feeling, the other more mechanic. I would add some armour plates to the torso and shoulders to match the legs.

Weapons - seeing the Bauhaus and Brotherhood and Dark Legion assault rifles - they beautifully match the original artworks - please try to do it for Cybertronic as well. Their designs were one of the point that caught me.

The armoured Chasseurs are awesome - having the bulk and the look I would imagine them! Just less rivets and open cabling as they make it look vulnerable. Simpler armour plating would make them easier to be cast and painted.

Otherwise: keep them coming!

Greetings,

Catinator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:18 am 

Weapons - seeing the Bauhaus and Brotherhood and Dark Legion assault rifles - they beautifully match the original artworks - please try to do it for Cybertronic as well. Their designs were one of the point that caught me.
agree i do whit this...

love the first chaseurs hawe some troopse and like the egg actulie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:30 am 

MadBrad wrote:
I have played Cybertronic since the 1st edition, and I love the "feel" of the corporation. For the most part, the Cyber figs were well sculpted, and had a good range of different forces to choose from. I was dissapointed in 2nd edition, because I felt that the Cyber force list had mediocre stats, but the hightes troop costs. UWZ put the balance about right.

I tend to agree with this and other points. I'm in a similar boat having played since first edition. The next unit I really want to see is Shock Troops which I also used quite a lot.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:43 am 

Last edited by Voxelapocalypse on Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:49 am 

Last edited by Voxelapocalypse on Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:17 am 

Well, compared to the Cybertronic weapons, they do match the originals.. :D

What I would love to see is some heavy weaponry like the SSW4200P. Give them as an option to the Cuirassiers too!

What all previous implementation missed (except the Cybertronic doomtrooper) was the CAW2000 SMG - IMHO a great looking weapon.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:58 pm 

This is also my problem with the new Cybertronic.
The weapons look nothing!! like the original weapons.