It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:48 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Chasseurs
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:49 am 

While the armoured Chasseurs looks ace, I still think the "normal" Chasseurs are in need of change.

The simplest change that IMHO could add a lot to change the weapons to the classical Cybertronic style. The Assault Rifles are already rendered, but the SMG (CAW2000) would be great!

Somehow I still feel the lower body and the upper body are quite a different style. They look like they are on their way to become Undead Legionaires.

Post subject: Re: Chasseurs
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:11 pm 

Maybe they are :lol: :lol:

But it is a kind of "joke" of Cybertronic to show the other corps: "Hey, our basic troops even don't need (chest) armor to kick ass!"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:45 pm 

I think it wants to be the subdermal armour. It was an option both in the RPG and in the 1st Edition. According to the descriptions it was noticable up close, but as they wore it under the skin it was not displayed as such.

They could be used as Cybercurity (or People`s Volunteers for the 2nd Ed. fans) but they were described wearing normal uniform and bulletproof vest as standard.

Actually to be true to the fluff basic troopers of other Corporations could be fielded as for sneaky operations Cybertronic troops used equipment from other corporations.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:52 pm 

I have to say I'm not very deep in the Cybertronic fluff.

I played Cybertronic a few times in 1st and 3rd Edition but I never read the rpg background book.
The new Chasseurs are highly influenced by the 1st Edition Chasseurs, but if they matched the original background I cannot say.

Does the fluff have any units fitting to the actual models? I know in UWZ they had the Volunteers but I don't know if they were part of the original fluff.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:32 pm 

Peoples Volunteers were introduced in the 2nd Edition but kinda changed the background to brainwashed genetical engineering communist kind...

The MC RPG background included the Chasseurs, could use heavy armour (called TinMan line), Cuirassiers (Attilla bodies were the most common) - they could be used in the Eradicator Deathdroid bodies. Mirrormen were mentioned too but never stated if they were cyborgs or robots.

Chasseurs were cyborgs who could pass as humans as long as you did not check them with a metal detectors. With the personal shortage Cybertronic had, they were given with extensive combat training and used sparringly. They frequently used other corps equipment for certain operations. If the operation was not covert they used their trademark heavy armour and Cybertronic weaponry.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:54 pm 

Yeah, People's Volunteers never sat right with me, like Ducal Militia they were part of a fluff revamp in 2nd Edition and Cybertronic and Bauhaus saw some fundamental changes to their persona. In Cyber's case it was a shift toward a more Soviet style with PVs being their human wave.

I like the return to the 1st Edition Chasseur as the basic trooper and I kind of hope they don't introduce a sub-class of brainwashed mooks back in (because seriously, anything that wasn't a TIFF was already a brainwashed mook).

I do like the idea of having the option to take "covert" units though. But that may be a nightmare to balance and make Cyber a bit too flexible. Probably better to just have people field another Megacorp army and just say it is a Cybertronic unit working covertly.

Either way, I am neither for, nor against Chasseurs getting classic weapons. If they get 'em, great! If not, still great! The models look great no matter what they're holding.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:34 am 

Yes i agree. Nothing in the Cybertronic starter box is Cybertronic for me so i will ignore those models.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:07 pm 

Cybertronic was my first army and I bought them for their play not looks, I`m sure you`ve seen in other posts the sad jokes of the old figures. One thing that MC had in general was multi artists and multi sculptors this 97% of the time was fine but the 3% resulted in "miss conceptions" of which my beloved Cybertronic had the most outlandish. The new computer sculps are that totally new, I know the figures don`t follow the old rule descriptions but then there were terrific differences in the old also. I wait patiently for the new rules to see how Cybertronic works one thing though, I bet there`s no jokes on the style of the new.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:35 am 

These also don't cut it for me...but no problem. I'll trade in the starter kit and get two units of armored Chasseurs instead. I don't like the original Chasseurs and these fall in the same category for me. Walking around barechested with subdermal armor is too odd IMO. Not my thing.
But changing the weapons to Cybertronic weaponry would be a huge improvement...they would tie in a lot more with the rest.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:20 am 

The latest conversion pack allows you to do that.