It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:14 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:51 pm 

My first Cybertronic units were painted in French Nepoleonic Blue. I could also get a car spray can to match for my Eradicators that was a real bonus and with care would manage Attila Units and Chasseurs. These new ones I want to see in the flesh before I commit, even in my head.
Do any of you out there have any of the old army colour charts? I don`t remember if they were an official Target thing or fan based, though they were accurate for Targets Official Paints. If we could those, or Prodos could produce some, it would be great to try your colours on paper before committing them to the model.
Goodnight all!

Last edited by Airborne on Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:40 am 

Airborne wrote:
Transparent really would be good, run a few inks here and there and wow!
Any members remember the clear Pedators and Phone Box, a British company make, I`ve inked those and was really pleased.
Do your stuff Rob we will cross our fingers.

Yup, Ainsty Castings still make those. :)

Only issue is that for Prodos, it might be too expensive to do. They'd be able to do it, it's whether the customer would pay the price required...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:11 am 

Hasslefree does some too for the not-ghost-in-the-shell minis. They cost about 4 times as much as the same figure in tin. Could be the low volume.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:31 am 

For HF, it's probably because they are having to pay someone to make them. HF charge premium prices.

For Prodos, they have to get it made by a third party, pay for licensing, packaging, printing etc etc etc... After all that, they have to make a profit...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:20 pm 

Most likely it wouldn`t be profitable. But as an idea it is still great! ;)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:52 pm 

Mark has suggested on Facebook that we would be looking at around £10.00 per miniature, possibly a little less.

They would be cast on demand I think.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:14 pm 

I was thinking of either going with:

1/ Classic Cybertronic with a pastel blue + green "lights" + red cabling + healthy skin tones

2/ Black metal with skuff marks (silver where the paint has chipped off) + very pale skin tones with blue/red lights and green cables

3/ Gundam colors (White with red and blue) - anime style (Doesn't fit the background worth beans but its fun to paint).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:21 am 

rob_alderman wrote:
Mark has suggested on Facebook that we would be looking at around £10.00 per miniature, possibly a little less.

I would still be tempted to spend my kickstarter money on other figures and wait for those to come out. A unit of 5, even at around £50, would be gorgeous.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:40 am 

rob_alderman wrote:

Maybe a limited run for some special occasion? 1 year from the launch of the regular mirror men?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:59 pm 

Im thinking of painting mine in a primarily dark olive green and parts like the bolts on the armor and spine on the Everassur and Chasseurs in metal, maybe having some of the armor plating in a lighter olive green, last part will depend on what the mini looks like when i get it.

Power cabling and what looks like it would be painted in teal and then tinted a little bit here and there with a green wash.

Heads that are non fleshy im thinking white for a nice contrast to the dark and make them pop a bit.

Eyes and stuff that looks like it emits some form of glow will be in some purple color.

Im aming to have the flesh look a little pail, but will have to see if i can get a hold of more of the OOP Ogryn flesh wash first. the stuff i have i reserved for my Infinity ALEPH.

Going to paint them in a more realistic way with paint chips and stuff like that and having the obligatory hazard strips somewhere on them if there is room without making them it look to cluttered with stuff.

But i will have to wait and see if i go Cyber, need to see the models first and what can be done with them in terms of posing/reposing if i have to cut them up and what i need to fix on namely the Cuirrasiere.

Backup plan is going Capitol since there are no Imperials around. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next