It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:25 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:46 am
Posts: 307
Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
Got myself a nice load of Dark Legion and that means I'm back with the darkness again! Started back in 1995 with Dark Legion, so it's good to be back with the bad guys.
My force will be a mix of old style models and new style models as I love both of them. For now I own:

Golgotha
Vapurgius
2 Necromutant leaders
5 new Necromutants & 6 old Necromutants (including a heavy plagedealer)
15 old Undead Legionaries
1 new Razide and 2 old Razides with Nazgaroths
2 old Praetorian Stalkers and 4 new Praetorian Stalkers (guns) & 2 new Praetorian Stalkers (scythes)
1 old Praetorian Behemoth

Now I don't have the deck of cards, so I will get the new starter set too (+2 Necromutant Leaders, +10 Undead Legionaries, +1 Razide), so I will have more than enough. There won't be any Riders as I think they are a bit daft and don't like the concept at all.

Can't wait to test out the list and my first go-to Warlord will be Valpurgius. I think he's amazing with access to some amazing powers. I would like to pair him with a Black Widow, but that's one for later.
So for 750 points I am thinking about:

Valpurgius (275)
*Call of Corruption
*Blindness
*Dark Banishment
*Bringer of Dark Tools
*Transmorphication

8 Undead Legionaries (1 Valcheck + 1 Plaguedealer) + Necromutant Leader (111)
8 Undead Legionaries (1 Valcheck) + Necromutant Leader (106)
5 Necromutants (105)
2 Razides (Nazgaroths) (150)

For 1000 points, I'll up the Legionaries to 10 (add one Plaguedealer), the Necromutants to 7 and add two Praetorian Stalkers.

Can't wait to get back to the dark side and harvest some human souls!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:53 am
Posts: 269
My advice:

a) use proxy cards and build your deck from what cards there are, not based on what cards you own.
b) ignore Valpurgius in 1000 points. He is too fragile and not lethal enough. What amazing powers are you speaking of?
c) if you build a custom warlord, there will be a good one for 170 points or so. You could buy a Necrobeast Rider for the points saved.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:46 am
Posts: 307
Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
a) No I won't. I don't like proxy cards as this bacially means I'm netdecking and I don't want that. I have what I have and my opponent has what he has. That is good enough.

b) Don't agree he's too fragile. In my experience fragility comes down to the Impenetrable Armour value and with a value of 12 that is fine. And you can keep him back behind a squad of Razides which take the hits he gets. With their Nazgaroths they make ideal bodyguards and they are still very deadly.
With access to five free powers, his cost is fine and he brings fantastic tools for your army. Dark Banishment is great one for collecting souls and the other ones make good support powers. Call of Corruption is a fantastic power for battlefield control. Con-tests are scary, especially if you cannot heal the wound effect. And also great as a med-pack for your own forces. Blindness is a nice one to cast later in a turn, so units like Heavy Infantry or Armoured Chasseurs are screwed real good. This one becomes even more interesting if you manage to nuke your opponent's Warlord. Bringer of Dark Tools is one of the better spells IMO...+2Strength is brilliant...either on the cheap units or the expensive units. They all gain so much power! Same goes for Transmorphication. Once again an excellent buff spell.
The good thing about Valpurgius is he can cast three spells for one Resource: Debuff, Psychic and Buff. So you can boost your own models, annoy enemy squads and also damage them. Stay back in a good position and he is very hard to get rid off (unless your opponent rapid deploys the nasty stuff into close combat...but basically that means death for most Warlords)

c) Yes, I know custom warlords are always better. But that doesn't mean I always want to play them. Me and my mate don't play Warzone as a competitive game, so we're not aiming for the most cost effective solution. And I despise Necrobeast Riders, so they won't see action in my lists. Just hate the concept and sculpts.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 12:56 pm
Posts: 28
a) Netcarding is for munchkins! ;)
b) I think its all dependant on skill level and Advanced/Basic rules.
c) Custom Warlords should and I hope will be nerfed into oblivion. For the cost of 200-230 (cheaper or around the same points as named Warlords) points you get a one man army.
For example a Brotherhood Mortificator with Ablative Body Armour, Fortitude of the Penitent, Shield, made a CC killer. Impenetrable Armour 19 dropping to 16 (front facing) (if you cast a power with WP 15 or 16) with Dodge, Camo and Inflitration. Good luck with that ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 54
Location: Elbląg, the very middle ov Europe
Malebolgia wrote:
Got myself a nice load of Dark Legion and that means I'm back with the darkness again! Started back in 1995 with Dark Legion, so it's good to be back with the bad guys.
My force will be a mix of old style models and new style models as I love both of them.

Yeah, yeah... PICS!
Or it didn't happen!!! :twisted:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:46 am
Posts: 307
Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
Image
The Gomorrian Emasculator will be my custom Warlord...he's perfect for both a ranged and a close combat one! I have rebased him on a 40mm base by now.

Image
Image
Love the old Stalkers! By now, I have rebased them on 40mm bases.

Image
I adore the old Necromutants! The middle one is an old Mutant Chronicles one (came in a blister with an undead legionaire). I have rebased them on 30mm bases.

Image
Maybe one of my favorite old sculpts. Then again, it is a Kev White sculpt, so DUH ;)
By now I have also repainted the very first Razide in similar colors (no photo yet!), so I already have a squad of 2 with Nazgaroths ready 8)

And I have much more ready for the future :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 54
Location: Elbląg, the very middle ov Europe
demi_morgana wrote:
Yeah, yeah... PICS!
Or it didn't happen!!! :twisted:

Malebolgia wrote:
<posted some cool pics>

Ok... So it happened... :roll:
;)
Nice collection! I also dig Kev's razide model - mine is still waiting for the paintjob.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:58 pm
Posts: 650
Location: Bilbrook, West Midlands.
Very nice work there mate they look great good to see old making a come back. Finally started building my kickstarter first conversions beast riders. It`s been along while coming.
Cheers all.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:53 am
Posts: 269
Malebolgia wrote:
a) No I won't. I don't like proxy cards as this bacially means I'm netdecking and I don't want that. I have what I have and my opponent has what he has. That is good enough.

b) Don't agree he's too fragile. In my experience fragility comes down to the Impenetrable Armour value and with a value of 12 that is fine. And you can keep him back behind a squad of Razides which take the hits he gets. With their Nazgaroths they make ideal bodyguards and they are still very deadly.
With access to five free powers, his cost is fine and he brings fantastic tools for your army. Dark Banishment is great one for collecting souls and the other ones make good support powers. Call of Corruption is a fantastic power for battlefield control. Con-tests are scary, especially if you cannot heal the wound effect. And also great as a med-pack for your own forces. Blindness is a nice one to cast later in a turn, so units like Heavy Infantry or Armoured Chasseurs are screwed real good. This one becomes even more interesting if you manage to nuke your opponent's Warlord. Bringer of Dark Tools is one of the better spells IMO...+2Strength is brilliant...either on the cheap units or the expensive units. They all gain so much power! Same goes for Transmorphication. Once again an excellent buff spell.
The good thing about Valpurgius is he can cast three spells for one Resource: Debuff, Psychic and Buff. So you can boost your own models, annoy enemy squads and also damage them. Stay back in a good position and he is very hard to get rid off (unless your opponent rapid deploys the nasty stuff into close combat...but basically that means death for most Warlords)

c) Yes, I know custom warlords are always better. But that doesn't mean I always want to play them. Me and my mate don't play Warzone as a competitive game, so we're not aiming for the most cost effective solution. And I despise Necrobeast Riders, so they won't see action in my lists. Just hate the concept and sculpts.


Unfortunately, I have to disagree:
a) I feel everyone can do what he wants. Just saying that if you use old models, you are obviously not playing with the cards that would come with those models today. Also, some things are just ridiculous. Need to buy 3 Behemoths to be able to play 1 card 3 times just because it´s only included once? As it is now, even 1 behemoth is too much.
b) No, he cannot cast 3 spells per turn. Each action, Buff, Debuff, Shooting, costs 1AP as it is written in the rulebook. So you would need to t2b 1 to give him a 3rd AP to do that. And yeah. Every opponent I have played uses Rapid Deployment. Why wouldnt you if you have super cheap Etoiles or Valkyries? And yeah: RD is the bane of most warlords. But most warlords dont cost 30% of your army total. Still I would be happy to play against Valpurgius one time and just see what he does in real life. I still feel that 275 points is just too much when you could just buy 3 Nazgaroth Razides for that. I´d really rather do that. Or 5 Nazgaroth Nasca Razides, for that matter.
c) it was just an option. you could buy 3 Nasca Razides, too. Or just 6 Necromutants.

Btw: Super cool looking old models. The best I have seen so far.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:46 am
Posts: 307
Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
Dunnagh wrote:
Unfortunately, I have to disagree:
a) I feel everyone can do what he wants. Just saying that if you use old models, you are obviously not playing with the cards that would come with those models today. Also, some things are just ridiculous. Need to buy 3 Behemoths to be able to play 1 card 3 times just because it´s only included once? As it is now, even 1 behemoth is too much.


That's just different tastes and way of playing. I do have loads of old models but I will add new stuff. For instance, I have a new Razide and new Necromutants, so have these cards available. And I'm not interested in maxing cards, unless I have them.

Dunnagh wrote:
b) No, he cannot cast 3 spells per turn. Each action, Buff, Debuff, Shooting, costs 1AP as it is written in the rulebook. So you would need to t2b 1 to give him a 3rd AP to do that. And yeah. Every opponent I have played uses Rapid Deployment. Why wouldnt you if you have super cheap Etoiles or Valkyries? And yeah: RD is the bane of most warlords. But most warlords dont cost 30% of your army total. Still I would be happy to play against Valpurgius one time and just see what he does in real life. I still feel that 275 points is just too much when you could just buy 3 Nazgaroth Razides for that. I´d really rather do that. Or 5 Nazgaroth Nasca Razides, for that matter.
c) it was just an option. you could buy 3 Nasca Razides, too. Or just 6 Necromutants.


First, burning one for a third spell is a excellent trade-off IMO. Second, your argument goes for about all named Warlords. They are all too expensive for what they do. The main upside are the cards they bring to the game, but that's basically all. I Think Prodos could fix this by adding the full alotment of their cards to their blisters (so 5/3/3). This way you can really play a strong advanced game without having to buy multiple copies of a model.

And thanks for the praise :)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron



Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
skymiles_red v1.0.1 designed by Team -Programming forum-سيارات للبيع .