These are 3x

What do you think about? Have you some badass combo to suggest? The list is
Golgotha
Nepharite
10 legionn w\necromutant 4 valcheck x2
7 necromutant
3 razide w nazgaroth

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:06 pm 

Strategy cards: those are both powerful choices. However, at 4 res a pop, they're both very expensive, and you've only got 10 res to play with. Consider adding 3x Unnatural Advance, for a cheap Strat card that you can use to deny the enemy the chance to play one if you get the initiative.

Black Liquid Grenade is a very expensive way to get just one Legionnaire- TTB3! Blessing is good for your Legionnaires and very cheap, but Gaze is very expensive and quite situational- if you know the enemy's coming with plenty of camouflage it's great (although expensive), otherwise it's wasted cards. Unfortunately you don't have access to most of the better gear cards, but consider using Terror as another one, particularly against CC-oriented foes.

Touched is good for your shooting-based force, and can be made even better if you play Symbiotic Evaluators! Best target, though, are the Razides- play on the squad (if they're a squad complete), then shoot, engage and TTB1 to attack. Corrosion is great, Moment of Clarity is good if you want rapid fire or Sentry (otherwise the combination of adding Unnatural Advance, the Nepharite's By My Will skill and the Necromutant leader will combine to make them a lot faster and this could be wasted). Eye for an Eye is fairly useless here... you're pretty much just going to make a squad IA(12), as you have no FT weapons. I'd recommend a good counter card like Ripped From Reality, or a combination play of Necromutation and Algeroth's Dark Pattern to make all enemy weapons Plasma, but you can gain Heal(6) against them (and the Necromutants have their natural Hela bonus as well).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:30 pm 

Thanks! A few question

Black Liquid granade.
Why everyone say only 1 legionnare? Isn't it blast?
Necromutation doesn't give +6 fo a total heal 8 roll?(2 base bonus 6point from card)?
Which are the better equipment?
Ripped from reality can be used to discard enemy strategy card and then play my own?
However i'll made a few change to the list and deck....

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:58 am 

Black Liquid Grenade: it is a small template...under the right conditions you could feasibly create more. I think the point is cost for benefit is steep. If it were a large template, it would be another story.

Necromutation: correct

Better equipment: based on your army composition (warlord, support and troop choices), but dont worry, Golgotha makes up for it in other ways.

Ripped from reality: you can only play strategy cards at the end of the control phase, before any squads are activated. Tactical cards can only be played between model activation phases. You can remove a strategy card with ripped, but you cannot replace the card.

Win initiative and play a strategy card from your hand, if you dont have one to play your opponent may play one.

See page 51 of the rules and notice how "play a strategy card" is outside the flow chart of model activation.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:11 am 

And I agree with Wraith. Good suggestions all.

You have to balance the costs with how cool the effect is. You dont want to handcuff yourself with a hand full of expensive cards.

I'd go with Plaguedealers on your Razides. Especially if you must use an eye for an eye. Even if you get rid of eye for an eye, which I would, I would still take Plaguedealers. They rock with 24" range. Very versitile.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:08 am 

Thanks you all!
I'm revisiting the deck.

It should be
Strangolation of algeroth
Algeroth dark pattern
Symbiotic evaluators.

As equipment just blessing of algeroth.

Moment of clarity
Touched by dark mistress
Corrosion
Necromutation
I should add a few ripped.
Golgotha has transmogriphation and nepharite has dark tool.

Btw.... Ripped basically create a wound effect st 8 so +2 to armour .. But it is Also avv 10.... What is that for?

And What about i split a legionnares squad to add another resource?

Razides.... Hummm i'm really undecided... Plaguedealer has an insane rof, and can flame to hell every rd troops Who come close... And are not too bad against vehicle.
But nazgaroth..... Against vehicle is very effective at 30".... I thought about it maybe is better to have nasca with nazgaroth and let go standard razides with plaguedealer?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:00 pm 

The better equipment cards in the Dark Legion deck are either bonded to certain units (like Maggot Ammunition, which is a great card but is bonded to the Behemoth), or are listed as able to be played only on certain types of units (Like Arcane Regurgitation, which can only be played on Praetorian Stalkers).

There is a tension between spamming the same squad type (i.e. more Undead Legionnaires) and making a mixed force. A mixed force tends to do better on the battlefield, but a reasonably homogeneous force will perform better with the right cards. Think about things like Symbiotic Evaluators- the one card is played, but the more Legionnaires you have, the bigger the bonus you receive. Same for things like Algeroth's Dark Pattern- if you've got a lot of Necromutants, you're probably loving this card!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:24 pm 

All right im on a different path but...

A clarification: Eye for an eye works akso on vehicle?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:22 am 

Nope. It does not.

I am not 100% sure about that answer. I'll come back and edit if Wraith has a better answer. Or maybe we will see one of those elusive Prodos employees.

To me this is a grey area in the rules and a problem with wording. Cards that target vehicles generally say "target vehicle" or "vehicle model in target squad" Also, vehicles do not get Impenetrable Armor, that I am aware of. But you can get a squad of vehicles..so I can understand how it can be confusing.

I base the above answer on what I think the intent of the card is, a semi-educated guess, and how we play it, and that's not the best which is why I hesitated to answer.

One thing to note: you won't make many friends playing that card. Not saying you shouldn't, just be aware this card gets alot of "it does what?!?"

Especially with Arcane Regurgitation and some Hindenburg Incinerators.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:23 am 

Played well, it is a nasty card.

AcesHigh has it correct- this will not have any effect on vehicles. The reason is that vehicles don't have an Armour value (A on stat lines), they have an Armoured Value (AV on stat lines). Things that affect Armour won't affect AV and vice versa.

Oh, and my personal favourite use for these is when there's a Razide nearby. using FT means no shots that might result in fumbles, so FT mode on that H.Plaguedealer, TTB1 for another action, Flame, Engage, attack.