It is currently Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:11 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:41 am 

This is incredibly disappointing. I paid money for the renders I saw in the kickstarter but you keep going back and changing stuff making it look more and more like the fantasy flight version of mutant chronicles with over done details, skirts and loincloths. How about you give BOTH designs a chance and then we can vote with our wallet. Are you sure there are many people asking for more robes and loincloths and not just a couple of guys shouting loudly making it look like they are many? I was happy with the plausible looking figures you showed on the kickstarter, sleek realistic looking miniatures that looked like they could exist in real life. You seriously need to stop going back to your successful designs and try to "improve them" it did not work for George Lucas and I fear it will destroy your company! If you want to make new designs have then as alternatives or as new troops, dont rip away the great designs we have come to love. I have tried to be positive and not complain but obviously people have been in your ears giving you bad advice. Please trust in your self and your own designs. The original ideas you came up with has always been for the best, there is a difference between artist and fans! At the very least put things up for sale so it can compare to eachother.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:11 am 

The old renders were just terrible and looked like they were taking a dump.

@Trencher, I think you will find its the loud minority that are the ones complaining.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:34 am 

Carl Evans wrote:

@Trencher, I think you will find its the loud minority that are the ones complaining.

Sure one of them was posed a bit weird but they wore plausible clothing for moving around on a battle field.
They were good enough to get people to buy into the kickstarter. If its not wrong dont fix it!
We paid the money to get what was advertised. I halfway suspect that the board is filled with trolls who try to get Prodos do go in a different direction visually. W40k fanboys maybe..
If people really liked the fantasy flight visual style then we would be playing their game now.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:46 am 

Carl Evans wrote:

In your opinion. I agree with Trencher.

Carl Evans wrote:

Exactly how many of the thousand or so KS backers were asked about the redesign or was it just focus testing in a small, local gaming club? I don't recall getting sent an e-mail about it or seeing an update on KS asking what style of necromutants we would prefer, and we backed for Dark Legion. I also remember a lot of good feedback from people who liked the original renders when they were revealed during the KS period. If they came out too weak to be manufactured sure redo them, but there's no need to change the whole style. It's only blind luck I happened to check the forum in time to change our order before it ships.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:38 am 

Sorry if I come off as negative but I really really liked the original Capitol light infantry and hopped with joy when I FINALLY saw Necromutants that looked like Paul Bonners artwork. They together with the Cybertronic immortal where my absolute favorite miniature designs. I am still happy that I put down the money to support Prodos. I am just passionate about the product I guess.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:20 am 

Sure, it's your opinion after all ..
Personally I think these new render are more true to Bonner, especially when you compare these with punk band necromutants (those were not anything like Bonner's style). The old squad commander was fine, but compared to these he was a bit too beastly and plain looking for my taste.
As for capitol infantry, I loved the original renders. Those and the Banshees made me pick up Capitol as a third faction... But the new look of them is more true to the original art and Prodos managed to pull it off without it looking (in my opinion) too cartoony. So even if I loved the first renders I think the new are more fitting and hopefully we can se the old ones return as some other unit :)

I don't agree the WH40k/FFG - metaphor at all...and I suspect lot of people of similar opinions as me have the same feeling

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:34 pm 

Sebulba wrote:
As for capitol infantry, I loved the original renders. Those and the Banshees made me pick up Capitol as a third faction... But the new look of them is more true to the original art and Prodos managed to pull it off without it looking (in my opinion) too cartoony. So even if I loved the first renders I think the new are more fitting and hopefully we can se the old ones return as some other unit :)

I must agree, Prodos did a great job on this one, they totally pulled this off. The new Capitol infantry helmets are very similar to the helmets worn by Capitol soldiers on some of the best Bonners art I have seen (the Sea Lions with Mitch and Big Bob and the other one with Desert Scorpions and Behemoth in the background). These old images can be easily used without looking out of place. Also, the fact that they kept the heroes looking almost exactly like in the old art, (with some exceptions) allows to use the old images. In the end for most part they kept the old style, updated, without looking too 80s. Very well executed I would say.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:42 pm 

with the exception of giving the faces lips the new ones are way better if you ask me. And prodos doesn't scrap designs so we'll probably see the old kind of necromutants used for something later (hopefully not as centurions though) and if they sell better you'll have proven your point.