It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:25 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:07 am 

Overall good changes. Some are outstanding, like Stalkers, Alakhai, and Valpurgius.

Quick rundown of our latest changes (first glance, if I missed something, I blame my eagerness to check out the other factions)

Psychic powers:
Blindness -20 points
Necrovisual link -10
Cleansing the Void -5
Threshold of horror -10
Postern beyond death -10
Beam of death -5
Dark banishment -5
Infernal shield -5
Rampaging shadows +5 boo!
Dark gate of power -30 and finally worth taking...

Alakhai is now a tactician. His cunning version is much more than just a beat stick now.
+1 to his move stat; master tactician (+1 to initiative rolls); Eternal rage (ignore the forst wound of each game turn); Terror is much better now and affects Fearless, is a passive skill, no longer ttb 1, and no Cc actions if failed...sick. His summoning darkness is now ttb 2, and he gets one psychic power for free.

Golgotha recieved +1 strength, better warlord armor ( 15(11) ) and her lord version is 20 points cheaper.

Valpurgius...if you think Alakhai is better now...Valpurgius is awesome. 45 points cheaper, +1 wond, expulsion of symmetry is psychic (s) now, he can cast 1 (D) and one other power for 0 AP, his Soulcharger power has been buffed and he starts the game with 3 soul tokens. Algeroths mind leash no longer auto deactivates him. He went from being a cool model that I never used to a definitely will use him model.

Undead Legionnaires: a 9 zombie squad with a Necromutant leader with 2 valcheks now costs 135 points instead of 136. Necromutant leaders lost the Barking Orders skill that allowed them to let undead legionnaires use the Swarm ability...kinda sucks.

Necromutants gained 2 Con, are 1 point cheaper for each model, the heavy plaguedealer is 5 points cheaper but lost Wall of Flame and gained Rof 2.

Razides...if your friends hated them before, well, they will still hate them. +2 Cc stat, +5 Con, A is now 15 (12), they gained Relentless (immune to Stun), and the Plaguedealer HMG flamer mode is now ROF 2.

Stalkers: hell yes! 20 points cheaper (and before everyone freaks out) and come with the Reaper Cc weapon standard now, and gained +1 to their Cc stat. If you want to give them a Scythe of Semai HMG it costs 10 points per model (so really they are 10 points cheaper if you bought the ranged versions). The Cc version are now Imp Armor (11). The Scythe HMG is now ROF 3, and the Ripper acid bullets are ttb 2 now, but do not reduce the ROF. If you want to have them Rapid Deploy, add 5 points per model. So the previous Ranged versions are only 5 points cheaper than before.

Finally, the Hindenburg was minor nerfed to AVV 10, but gained 2 strength.

Behemoth: +1 to his movement, 30 points cheaper (probably because he lost the Black liquid grenade, and he was never really light vehicle tough...) but the big news: he gained Ranger and Relentless. Very nice!

The Necrobeast riders look relatively unchanged though they gained +1 movement.

The Black Widow: much better. Lost 1 SP to the core, gained Just an irritation and the Ashnagaroths actually act like the Nasca Razide version, though with a ROF 5.

I skipped a few things (the RPG figs) since I have either not had a chance to play with them or digest the stats or they haven't changed (the Hotss stuff).

I'll be back after I get a chance to read the Brotherhood changes...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:29 am 

All in all - great changes! Dark Legion was already strong and now it's even better. Special characters and Praetorian Stalkers were the most obvious to get some changes and they got them.

Having played Cybertronic for the last two years I've been thinking about a next army and Dark Legion seems to be the one.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:04 pm 

Necrobeasts also lost the ability to full throttle.

Behemoth can slowly destroy buildings by tearing off chunks to throw...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:30 pm 

Wall of Flame is not lost, not in Plaguedealer and not in Heavy Plaguedealer. It was an "old" typo, because ALL FLAMERS can do Wall of Fire (check page 40 of the PDF 1.4).
Heavy Plaguedealer now is 5p (old 10p) and now has RoF 2!!! (old RoF 1).

The Necromutant upgrade now is 15p (old 20p) but Valcheck now is 10p (old 8p).

The RPG models have been tweaked a lot. Von Hölle inside a Heretics Squad give them Infiltrate, finally you can Infiltrate with "cheap" models in the Dark Legion. That opens a lot of options now with dirty Dark Symmetry infiltrators ;)

And yes, finally Alakhai is "the cunning", not only "the beast" :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:49 pm 

Wall of flame not lost: good to know and thanks for pointing it out.

Same with full throttle and the Necrobeasts, missed both of those.

Behemoth can now sit behind a building and tear it apart while throwing chunks at enemies...very cool.

Alakhai changes and Valpurgius changes are really nice.

Looking forward to getting everything on the table.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:35 am 

And new Universal rule warlord and lord can cast a D power per game turn at 0 ap!
Brotherhood do the same but with B power...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:09 pm 

Quote:
The RPG models have been tweaked a lot. Von Hölle inside a Heretics Squad give them Infiltrate, finally you can Infiltrate with "cheap" models in the Dark Legion. That opens a lot of options now with dirty Dark Symmetry infiltrators

I must say i don't see real interest in this. Heretics are really really bad troops. Buying Von Hölle to make them infiltrate make them very expensive. Do you see a build or tactic in which this is worth the point cost ?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:47 pm 

Heretics are really great to cast Psychic powers from, as they don't lose that power until the last guy is dead. Infiltrate them and use them to (D) enemy troops for 0AP.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:29 am 

So nearly 150 pts (80 + 50 + 1 or 2 powers) for having a very light troop infiltrated and making a debuff that can absolutely fail (WP 14) before being slaugthered because of A 10.

Must say i'm still not sold on it :(

Although i may give it a try with some proxies because Heretics minis are awesome looking. But still not sold on it gamewise

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:53 pm 

They're nice an cheap and aren't restricted to not running... although no Heal(2) or fearless/fear(0)...