It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:22 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:56 am 

Quote:
They're nice an cheap and aren't restricted to not running... although no Heal(2) or fearless/fear(0)...

I don't consider them to be cheap anymore with Fabian joined to the squad. That makes them cost the same price as 6 Necromutants + one plaguedealer while their stats and weaponry are far from being as menacing even when infiltrated, i think :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:24 pm 

you take them as regular for 50 pts + cost of 1 dark symmetry... i think they are great in some armies

+ they cap, have 5 models (wounds), give you RS card.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:13 am 

honestly, the infiltration thing was just a last minute addon to von Hölle. He´s perfectly ok without that even.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:16 am 

As much as i love the mini, i don't see exactly how Von Holle would be really interesting to play.

CC/RS 12, so nothing incredible, with 2 shots at R18 and St 13 (that you can't increase), or 1 shot à St 17 whichi is quite good, but low range and average RS and no Crit Damage so... IN CC you've got 3 RoA, but St 11. For 2 Ressources you make the ennemy reroll armour saves... But with St11 he will probably success anyway.

Good armor, but 2 wounds. Not bad though but no reason to jump in joy also.

Insalubrious bomb is fun, but R 8 so you may fire it once a game, nothing impressive.

Now onto the skills:

Human, blêh. Doubtless Precision won't change much your effectiveness since a failure remains a failure (it's ok but not having the skill would not have changed much the character in the end). Ennemy Within sounds cool but as stated before, i don't see how it can be strong to infiltrate the worst unit in the game. Dark Symetry is nice but if you pay the character only for that, it's far too expensive.

So basically, you pay 80 pts for a Dark Symetry power (that you'll cast with a WP 15 so it's ok but don't get too excited about it) and infiltrate a not very deadly character with a not deadly at all unit. I say get a Razide instead.