It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:32 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:46 pm 

So up until now i have always been under the assumption you can only take 1 medal per troop/support (excluding supportified Greyhounds), but i recently noticed it says 2. I also noticed it doesnt say anything about requiring from taking the same category of medals, but this obviously prevents Medals of Honor from being purchased.

But i've noticed that the Medals of Honor really dont help me much. I rarely have the points to bring both greyhounds (1 or 2, as thats all i own) and my Hurricane Walker so i dont need that medal to make them Support, i dont own any Blood Berets, Timothy already makes my Golden Lions a troop choice, and personally i find my Strategy cards to be....lame and useless 9/10 of the time lol. Gone several games without playing a single strategy card despite getting imitative every time because i either didnt draw one, or i drew one i cant benefit from atm.

How viable you think it would be to ditch the Medal of Honor in favor of multiple categories of normal Medals? My main thought is giving both Heal (3) AND the ability to reroll said heal to my trenchers, but theyre different categories.
Thoughts? Or am i stupid for thinking i shouldnt use the Medal of Honor?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:18 am 

I agree with you that the medals of honour are kind of rubbish in most cases. They aren't powerful enough to warrant limiting yourself to one category. If you find a good combo, use that one instead. =)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:45 pm 

Oh, and the Medals of Honor are also quite pricy....so theres that too lol

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:09 pm 

Indeed, I'd rather add another Grey Ghost or flesh out my Beret squad than buy a MoH. They seem to be geared towards playing themed armies based around some gimmick.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:21 am 

They also allow you to take powerful units at lower points limits- if you don't want to spend on two squads of Trenchers or ISF before getting some BBs or GLs, for example, or if you want a gas-heavy army by going Hurricane + Greyhounds

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:52 pm 

True, and ive tried that, but until i hit ~1250pts i felt like i choked my army too much to get said gas weapons (.....badum tssh.... lol) and most of us dont have many models yet, as im one of the few that can buy the models on a whim and not be worried about it (40k is a different story but thank god WZR isnt 40k priced)
Probably also due to the only support i have thats non-wolfbane is Golden Lions and Grey Ghosts....which are kinda pricy lol. I really need to assemble/paint my ISF and get some BBerets...
must...resist...buying..more...must..finish..painting.....lol

One thing ive always found odd is that MOW are obviously Gas-themed since they all sport gas masks and far as i know were the only ones that use gas weapons, but we have no gas grenades on trenchers. Even more odd since they are modeled with grenades, and no rule/option/card for it lol. Once i get my Wolfbane cards in the mail im going to be so freakin happy since the Gas Grenade gear doesnt mention wolfbane only - SUCH HAPPINESS!! lol