It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:53 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:38 am 

I liked the idea of Regulars and Trenchers being different "units". In the older games when you have to field 1 grunt unit per each elite unit and 2 grunt units per each support, it was nice to have more than one option. Besides they served different functions.

Regulars were used in mass waves of suicide delaying tactics and to tie up the enemy (and with any luck, overwhelm them).

Trenchers were used to claim objectives, dig in and hold off the enemy (better shots, better armor).

By fielding a few squads of Regulars you were also able to save 20-25 points per squad to put toward your Blood Berets, support units and individuals.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:40 am 

JPCunningham wrote:
The Hurricane walker would be nice, just hope for a bit of an upgrade from the airplane with legs.

The airplane with legs rocked. I just spent the past week cuting up a P-40B 1/48 scale Revell Model and devoiding one of my Dust Walkers of its legs building a home made Hurricane Walker.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:46 am 

Moonshriek wrote:
micmellon wrote:
I would love to see never released units like
Shamrocks
Wild Roses
Dunsirn Hunter
etc.

and I disagree that they should all look like bb with small changes. I think most people only thinks like that because since the first efition all people had to use the bb as proxis. nobody would expect that with any other fraction like bauhaus or capitol.

and from the point of business it is a bad idear, too. ;)

They would look like BB with small changes due to at least in the rpg most of the special forces used the samer armour, mk2 i think it was and had berets.. The only difference was their guns, tactics and colours ;P

I do hate to bring real world stuff into the fake world (I after all support the weirdness of fur covered sword weilding space scotsmen with shoulder pads and airplanes with legs) but in "the real world" military units usually look all the same, as far as gear goes (in general). You basic infantryman in the US Army and your elite Army Ranger are going to look in general the same. Same helmet, some fatigues, same body armor, same rifle. What would be different is demeanor. PRESENCE. Stance.

But in the Universe of MC/WZ I would give them different style shoulder pads (seriously, these can range from American football shoulderpad styles, to no shouldpads, to Sylvester Stallone Judge Dredd shoulderpads). Perhaps the Golden Lions have a right shoulderpad that looks like a lion's head? And a left one that looks like a lion's paw/claw?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:34 pm 

peacekeeper_b wrote:
Moonshriek wrote:
micmellon wrote:
I would love to see never released units like
Shamrocks
Wild Roses
Dunsirn Hunter
etc.

and I disagree that they should all look like bb with small changes. I think most people only thinks like that because since the first efition all people had to use the bb as proxis. nobody would expect that with any other fraction like bauhaus or capitol.

and from the point of business it is a bad idear, too. ;)

They would look like BB with small changes due to at least in the rpg most of the special forces used the samer armour, mk2 i think it was and had berets.. The only difference was their guns, tactics and colours ;P

I do hate to bring real world stuff into the fake world (I after all support the weirdness of fur covered sword weilding space scotsmen with shoulder pads and airplanes with legs) but in "the real world" military units usually look all the same, as far as gear goes (in general). You basic infantryman in the US Army and your elite Army Ranger are going to look in general the same. Same helmet, some fatigues, same body armor, same rifle. What would be different is demeanor. PRESENCE. Stance.

But in the Universe of MC/WZ I would give them different style shoulder pads (seriously, these can range from American football shoulderpad styles, to no shouldpads, to Sylvester Stallone Judge Dredd shoulderpads). Perhaps the Golden Lions have a right shoulderpad that looks like a lion's head? And a left one that looks like a lion's paw/claw?

Yes I understand what you mean. Ofcourse I too would like them to look different and all. I only said that they used the same gear. You should be able to tell the different units apart on he battlefield since if they look all the same it could be confusion and mix ups. :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:44 pm 

I hope the starter will have a 10 man squad of Trenchers and one Rams Air Cav.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:37 pm 

I think trenchers should be the first line of release.
Blood Berets should follow with the ability to change gear or use add-ons included in their box/blister to make them into different groups.
Then the Wolfbanes with the same options available to upgrade them to different clans. I disagree with a previous poster about them only being able to bring a knife to a gun fight as they had sidearms and could carry an HMG. Then let us not forget the Fenris bikes for their coolness factor alone!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:36 pm 

Quote:

I don't agree.

In the background. they should use the same armour, maybe some a little heavier than others, since they are from the same faction, and buy from the same manufacturer.

And in the real world, if they share the core of the miniature, and with and sprue of additions you can get your favourite special force we probably will have better chances of seeing all the special forces.

And presonally, I like the feeling of uniformity in the same faction.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:38 pm 

Hector Barca wrote:
Quote:

I don't agree.

In the background. they should use the same armour, maybe some a little heavier than others, since they are from the same faction, and buy from the same manufacturer.

And in the real world, if they share the core of the miniature, and with and sprue of additions you can get your favourite special force we probably will have better chances of seeing all the special forces.

And presonally, I like the feeling of uniformity in the same faction.

But that is no different then just having different shoulder pad icons. You want your Blood Berets to actually be Golden Lions, glue the Lion headed pouldron on the shoulder and so forth. The rest is identical.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:55 pm 

As I understood your previous message, the shoulderpads had different shapes, not only different relieves.

But woth the relieves I see another problem, they ussually are so poorly done, someone is doing relieves in their miniatures, even in their shoulder pads, with an absolut lack of finesse, resulting in a piece double the size it is suposed to be.

But, if they produce a box of regular blood berets and a sprue of add-ons that includes weapons, gadgets, heads, and some well done alternative shoulderpads, that keep the line of the whole faction but, at the same time, emphasize the unit diversity Ill be ok.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:54 pm 

Hector Barca wrote:
As I understood your previous message, the shoulderpads had different shapes, not only different relieves.

But woth the relieves I see another problem, they ussually are so poorly done, someone is doing relieves in their miniatures, even in their shoulder pads, with an absolut lack of finesse, resulting in a piece double the size it is suposed to be.

But, if they produce a box of regular blood berets and a sprue of add-ons that includes weapons, gadgets, heads, and some well done alternative shoulderpads, that keep the line of the whole faction but, at the same time, emphasize the unit diversity Ill be ok.

One difference with the design of these to some other projects especially the original WZ figures is these are digitally rendered rather than hand sculpted as far as I can tell, this means the relieves on any shoulder pads can be a lot flatter/thinner than you could sculpt by hand.

There maybe some slight discrepancy between each of the clans/elites armour as they personalise themselves to their clan and in the old fluff Imperial was made up of lots of smaller companies so it can depend on which company is producing the parts for there weapons/armour for the slight change in looks, that's the way I've always seen the workings of the Imperials, I've always wanted to do a unit of Regulars & Trenchers with Kilts to have an entire Scottish clan themed army.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next