It is currently Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:16 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:55 am 

How could I forget about Tiger Dragons! haha!

We do plan on Combat Warheads and I would have to look into Phoenix Samurai.

We have made no official plans for Mishima yet as it is all hands on Imperial for now.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:34 pm 

rob_alderman wrote:
How could I forget about Tiger Dragons! haha!

We do plan on Combat Warheads and I would have to look into Phoenix Samurai.

We have made no official plans for Mishima yet as it is all hands on Imperial for now.

If you have plans for Combat Warheads then you do not have to look into Phoenix Samurai. They were basically same unit with the difference that they were A.I. in 1 ed. and in 3 ed. they change name for Phoenix Samurai and in fluff they were now suits for crippled Samurai. You could also make them like original concept from MC rpg = flying cigar like robots with heavy weapons.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:59 pm 

I think he meant Suicide Warheads...loved those models and the fluff too.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:04 am 

there is enough space on the table for all 3. I am looking forward to see the new units.
but first I want to see imperial!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:10 pm 

Surely when Ashigaru are released they will provide the firing line for Mishima, with them and support like the Meka it should not be any great problem for Bushido to get forward and stuck in, literally. Whilst historical Samurai certainly did use bows they were horrified at firearms, plus in more recent wars the Japanese officers seldom carried firearms and I like the idea of Bushido Samurai as it adds to the feel and fluff of the corporation. I have seen other games with factions that lose much of their individuality as designers decide to iron out weak points or balance forces and end up making factions that are only slightly different flavours.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:10 am 

I agree that samurai should have ranged options. Historically they were masters of the bow, I dare to say so more than any other weapon. And while firearms might have been officially frowned upon, why wouldn't they embrace it? It carried high efficiency with low cost (compared with a bow). Quite similar to crossbow vs bow in Europe.
That's historically speaking though, looking at MC RPG fluff it also shares the common view of samurai finding ranged weapons dishonourable but they do use them. I would not mind if that piece of fluff was reworked :)

With that said, it would be quite fitting to give them ranged options that do require more skill than assault rifles.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:23 am 

The reason many nobles (in many countries) disliked the crossbow and later the gun is that it required very little skill to use beyond pointing and clicking and allowed wars to be fought with simply rounding up rabble and giving them such a weapon, allowing them to deal as much damage as a trained soldier (or knight). Unlike the bow which took a lot of practice to use well (but was superior to the crossbow and long superior to the firearms, mostly do to shorter reload times)