It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:14 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:53 am 

Hi,

Trying to decide which fraction to start out with. I have a few questions about Mishima though. Hope some of you guys will provide some answers :)

Ronin vs. Hatamoto. The Hatamoto looks like they are a lot better point for point. I really like the Ronin models though, so I am wondering if the Ronin are usefull as a Troop choice or if I'm going to miss the Hatamoto?

Would a force like this be a decent starting point:

10 Ronin
10 Ronin
4 Demon Hunters
3 - 6 Tiger dragons or 5 Crimson Devils
2 Meka

... or am I missing something :?:

Any comments are welcome

/Atomicaphex

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:39 am 

Mishima can be very resource card intensive. you should try for a CC or Psy warlord to increase card count, but also consider splitting the Ronin into 4x5 rather than 2x10 for more res cards. I prefer psy, with shooting-only powers (to avoid the disruption of ki rule).

The Demon hunters will hit like a truck in CC and provide some good fire support, but one unit of 4 is a big investment at these points (I'm assuming 1200 ish?). Also, while the Meka are very tough (and can provide you with some ranged AVV), 300pts for a pair of them is pretty steep and in larger games and there will be plenty of AVV weapons to throw at them.

I'd say go with 2x units of Tiger Dragons for support. They can be infiltrated onto objectives and become very hard to shift. Give them a shooting power (usually Path of Lava) and a HMG and they become a threatening firebase.