It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:16 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:29 pm 

Hey folks,

So here is my idea for a 1000 point list. I'd love to hear from some experienced players before I start buying stuff.

Warlord: Barebones Psychic Demonhunter warlord +1 WP and strength of Ox.

8 Hatamoto with Speed of the Horse
6 Ronin (Seppuku just in case)
6 Ronin (Seppuku 'cause it's free)

5 Crimson Devils with the Screaming Devil and an HMG
4 Demonhunters with Speed of the Horse (maybe with 1 flamethrower?)
3 Tiger Dragons with Path of Lava and an HMG

Meka with a rocket launcher.

So I'm torn. I really believe in numbers in this game, so I wanted to try to get a lot of troops on the table, (hence the larger squads). I wasn't sure about the warlord. I just went with a psychic one so I can mix powers, (which I understand is risky, but it seemed fun), but I was not sure which powers to give him...

Screaming Devil lets the other devils infiltrate, which is incredibly useful. Tiger Dragons seems awesome. Should I put more in the list somehow? Demon Hunters are crazy strong.

Meka takes the rocket so it can deal with tanks.

Thoughts? Any input is much appreciated. Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:42 pm 

I love Tiger Dragons, and usually bring two sets of them. You're going the right way bringing a psychic HMG as well as the Dragonfire- lots of shooting from an objective-claiming unit. Infiltrate is teh way to go.

Psychic WL is good for getting 8 Res, but I'd suggest you max out your numbers of troops. Try 2x5 Ronin and 2x5 Hatamoto. You'll have more bodies on the field and more critically, an extra resource card. Mishima is resource intensive.

Speed of the Horse isn't that useful except for certain units and/or in certain circumstances. It's not a good choice for Hatamoto- instead give a shooting Psychic power as you can fire it for 0AP (and you can bring ranged AVV that way, too!) You can keep your psy powers to one temple for fewer mishaps, and I like to give DH Blazing Sun instead to hand out stun effects (rather than speeding up my guys I slow the enemy ones down!)

For the Meka I usually prefer the Dragonfang for the first one as there's more usefulness in it. AVV2 is still strong, and it is better against infantry. That said, a fully charged rocket strike will fell most walkers it hits in one blow (3x AVV10 and 1xAVV8 hit on the same location!)