Hiroko Warlord

5x Ronin
5x Ronin
5x Hatamoto
5x Crimson Devils with Heavy Weapon
4x Demon Hunters
3x Tiger Dragons with H weapon
2x Kunshun Dragonriders with Path of Lava Ki power

3 base troops to have 3 resource cards. Tiger Dragons for RD. Kunshu with Path of Lava should give me a very mobile and solid unity to distract (and crush - hopefully!) the enemy and force him to divide firepower.
I like Crimson Devils as they are a very flexible force (and love the minis!).
Unfortunately very few Ki powers, but I run out of points...

Any suggestion would be appreciated, thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:52 pm 

I'd suggest a different Warlord. Psychic is best, as it gives access to all the Ki powers and maximises the number of resource cards the Warlord provides. If you take the HOTSS route (which you're going to have to, given the lack of named WLs!), you'll be able to make your WL much cheaper, even if you build him as another sniper WL. You can also make him more survivable.

I'd suggest adding the Screaming Devil to your crimsons, or drop them in favour of more Tiger Dragons. At 1000 points, having just one of those units out there leaves them with very little support, so they will be massacred quickly. Give Path of Lava to the Tiger Dragons, as they can infiltrate or RD onto an objective or tactical point and use Flesh to Stone, then fire away with the HMG and Path of Lava quite happily. They're also undercosted.

Hatamoto aren't really doing much for you here, as your Demon Hunters will be the heavy hitters and the Tiger Dragons can soak up some fire with IA. Drop them for more Ronin if you prefer- max out your squad numbers for more RC, or maybe look at increasing the squad sizes, so any RC spent on them will go much further.

What's your deck like?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:48 pm 

Quote:
Give Path of Lava to the Tiger Dragons, as they can infiltrate or RD onto an objective or tactical point and use Flesh to Stone

I think they can't combine RD with Flesh into stone. You activate Flesh into stone at the beginning of squad's activation. Once the unit has rapid deployed, it is absolutely past the beginning of its activation (each model will have even used 1 action point to rapid deploy by then). It would work well with infiltration though.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:12 pm 

About the Deck... I don't know what to do exactly: I try to build up something that could be useful most of time. Any suggestion?

After a few match I decided to switch to:

Demon Hunter custom Lord (Psychic)

7 Ronin Samurai
7 Ronin Samurai
5 Hatamoto
4 Demon hunter with 1 flamethrower and Blast of the Hurricane
3 tiger dragon with heavy weapon and Path of Lava
3 tiger dragon with heavy weapon and Path of Lava
2 Kunshu Dragon riders with Path of Lava

I think tiger dragon with Tambu dragonfire and path of lava can be a DEVASTATING unit without the need of charge. The same the Kunshu dragons which are really fast and tough.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:39 pm 

@Assur, my apologies, I didn't mean in one turn! RD as early as possible (or better yet, infiltrate!) and FtS as soon as possible. Your reading of the rules is correct.

@Johanxp, there's a great article on building WZR decks in CTC archives... Issue #3 or #4 if I remember correctly.
Otherwise, how I tend to build my decks is to pick 5 sets of gear/strategy cards- pick 2 strategy and 2 gear cards you want to use, then choose either gear or strategy for the fifth slot, and every card you choose take 3 of. Tactical cards- pick four good ones and take five copies of each. Bam, you've got a 35-card deck.

Strategy cards that I like most for your force: Watchful eye of the Overlord, Gaze of the Golem, No Honour!
Gear cards that you would like: Monomolecular Sharpening, Shroud of Darkness, Fragmentation Ammo
Tactical cards that are decent choices: Snipe of the Cobra, Planned Obsolescence, Misfire, Inspiring Leader, Feign, Banzai Charge.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:45 am 

Many MANY thanks ADG_Wraith!

I must download that fantastic fanzine...