It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:14 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: 1000 points list
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:02 am 

DT warlord psichic +2 wp+1 ld path of lava.

7x ronin

7x ronin

7x ronin

3x Demon Hunter, 2 hgm dragonfire, path of lava, leap of the grassopper

5x Tiger dragon, hgm dragonfire path of lava

2x Dragon Rider with path of lava.

Any ideas on how can I improve this list?

Post subject: Re: 1000 points list
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:01 am 

First advice - buy +1TD+1HMG. 6TD with 2 HMG are a better option.

2 dragons+lava. Lava cost AP to cast so one dragon will be slowed down when 1st shoots or You will have to spend RC to give non-lava dragon an AP. 3 cards to cast one lava. STill an option as I find 2 dragons a great choice in general.

+1Ld for a warlord is not the best option. Better buy him seasoned leader (all units Fearless within 22").

I do like lava choice on DH as a leader can still use his flamer if needed.

P.S.
I find DH to expensive. 220 for 3 is just to much.

P.P.S.
You are 142 pts short! Try a CD squad for fast attack or a approx. 4-5TD in RD. Get one or two seppuku on ronin.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:36 am 

First of all, thanks.

Yes, Demon Hunter are terriby expensive nowaday. However 2 aren't enough to be effective in my opinion - I'm considering CD eventually, they seem a nice and very flexible support choice.

Unfortunately I dont' have 140 points (more than 100 pts for Warlord, 273 ronin, 205 DH, 135 TD 220 DR...) to spend, IF memory serves me.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:08 am 

Miscalculated BUT still You can add several things:

++ Mishima (Standard Game) (993pts) ++

+ Warlord (105pts) +

Tiger Dragon Warlord (Psychic) (105pts) [Powered Naginata, Seasoned Leader (5pts), Tambu Nº4 SMG, The Destructive Path of Lava (20pts), WP+1 (5pts), WP+1 (5pts)]

+ Troop (273pts) +

Ronin Samurais Squad (91pts) [Ronin Samurai Squad Commander (13pts), 6x Ronin Samurais (78pts)]

Ronin Samurais Squad (91pts) [Ronin Samurai Squad Commander (13pts), 6x Ronin Samurais (78pts)]

+ Support (395pts) +

Demon Hunters Squad (225pts) [2x Demon Hunters (110pts), 2x Tambu no.45 ‘Dragonfire’ HMG (20pts)]
··Demon Hunter Squad Commander (95pts) [Leap of the Grasshopper (20pts), The Destructive Path of Lava (20pts)]

Tiger Dragons Squad (170pts) [2x Tambu no. 45 'Dragonfire' HMG (30pts), 5x Tiger Dragons (100pts)]
··Tiger Dragon Squad Commander (40pts) [The Destructive Path of Lava (20pts)]

+ Light Vehicle/Monster (220pts) +

Kunshu Dragonriders Squad (220pts) [Kunshu Dragonrider (100pts)]
··Kunshu Dragonrider Squad Commander (120pts) [The Destructive Path of Lava (20pts)]

Created with BattleScribe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:21 pm 

Do you think this list would work?

Fast ronin samurai supported by Demon Hunter and Dragon Rider while Tiger Dragons arrive where needed.
Don't know, it seems it lacks a unit really capable of hitting hard the enemy.
Before 1.5 it was 4 miniatures demon hunter unit, now.... better try Crimson Devil I guess...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:08 am 

I have used a similar list when I won my last tournament. The idea was to build a fast attack list being able to occupy an enemy while dragons were closing in. My best play of that day was 2 dragons killing 14(!) DL models in one activation.

I had 2 versions of it.

Psychic warlord with HMG,
Saigo
3x Ronin (5-7 models)
6TD with HMG/lava (first turn infiltrate (when with initiative close, offensive deployment) Flasj into stone to shoot key target down)
or 2x4TD with RD
3SW
2 Dragons

2xTD were against vehicle heavy list. 6TD are better in control scenarios.

I will try a version with small CD+Screaming Devil gas attack turn 1 instead of 1 RD TD unit. 102 vs 120.

P.S.
3 DH - the only way to play them is to use Shiro-X as a commander. Then they can cast 4 Ki a turn and can acculy do something. Leap+Rat into flaming enemy.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:52 am 

What about Shadow Walkers? unique with 1 to 3 in a squad, and 50 points each. they deploy as counters after all units even infiltrators have deployed. They can even be deployed in base contact with the enemy, but must be deployed in cover. The counters can not be targeted, and they get a flame template psychic power that you can use to activate the rest of the Shadow Walkers, and then engage the enemy units such as Artillery, Meka, Warlords, Razides, etc. They get dodge, heal, decent stats like Con, Str, CC, and A. Their special rules mean they ignore stop enemy from using Dodge, Heal and Repair, and T2B and they force successful enemy saves to be re-rolled. They can also get out of the danger area if the enemy suddenly decides to send forces in to gang up on them (usually after they have dispatched the enemy unit/s they were targeting), and go back into the shadows to another part of the board. Redeploy them to take care of your opponents infiltrators, or rapid deployment force, and turn the game back to your initiative.

I know they only make the Sago miniature at the moment with 1 per RPG pack, but some people like myself have obtained the old Shadow walker minis from the old Mutant Chronicles 2nd ed, and any minis that look like Ninjas / Samurai Ninjas will work just fine. Yes 50pts each is a lot, but I have used them in 3 games now. One where I did not use them correctly as I misread the rules, and they still accounted for their points and more, caused the enemy to redirect his forces on one flank to protect his Warlord Big Bob and Orca, and I relocated them towards his light infantry in cover and then wiped out the remaining troops from that squad.

Later games they worked even better, as I activated the entire squad on the first round using the Flamer type Ki power and took out my opponents inquisitor warlord, and his bodyguard of Sacred warriors before my last Shadow Walker was finally shot down by his Judicator.

Against my Bauhaus Army that I loaned to a mate which had a unit of 3 BAK, Etoiles, Hussars, V Rangers, Vorretiers, Max, and Juggernauts my Mishima were finally defeated through sheer Firepower and units like the Vorretiers and rangers killing off my Meka and my Ronin and Hatamato. His Artillery were mowing my forces down and Having decided to target them first turn, I had to fight through his shield wall of Hussars, and eventually took out his BAK but the unit was wiped out when his Juggernauts assaulted my Shadow Walkers and I failed a lot of dodge rolls.

I have 6 armies (if you count Wolfbane and MOW as different armies). I tend to experiment with them, add in mercenaries, and the various support units they can take to make things different. I find that decent or brilliant tactics will win against an opponent with a slightly better army. Unless you get a really bad run of abysmal dice rolls, and also if your opponent is a good tactician as well they can mop the floor with you.

I have one of the new Raiden class Gigameks, and want to try that out, but most gamers in my area are too scared to play against it, and most of them play games about 750 to a max 1000 points. I think that the Raidens stats and abilities are not quite worth its points cost, but I bought it for the miniature and it will mean my opponent will be targeting it more than my other units.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:05 pm 

Many thanks for you post, Daemonette666. In the upcoming tournament I will use a list with 2 Shadow Walkers (I bought 2 RPG ministures blister...) and try them as I see, judging from their rules, that con be very Dangerous and effective, even if are quite expensive.

List A is:
Tiger Dragon custom Warlord (Blast of the Hurricane)
3x 5 Ronin Samurai (2 with Path of the Rat)
1x 5 Crimson Devil with heavy weapon and Screaming Devil (Path of the Rat)
1x 6 Tiger Dragons (2 HW) (Path of Lava)
1x 2 Shadow Walkers
1x 2 Kunshu Dragon Riders (Path of Lava)

We'll see!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:50 pm 

Crimson Devils can not use Ki powers. Well they can but You need a generator etc. You can not buy them any.

Lava on dragons is not a good option any longer as it costs AP to use and it slows them down by a lot.

SW are fantastic turn one precision strike units or late game units. Their flamers are nice but they require AP and when You deploy You get only 2AP. You can use template weapons to drag SW out and bypass their AP limit - then their flamers are very handy.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:55 pm 

You are right MiSio! In my notes i put Path of Rat judt because they will use it with the mirror ki generator (my ronin commanders use that power).

Path of lava is used when possible with my Kunshu dragon Rider, when enemie are out of reach and I found it often very useful thanks to dragons' maneuvrability...