It is currently Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:37 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Mishima Starter
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:34 pm 

I don`t think that any company as ever had such a problematic decistion, there were so many corperations, but I also never thought that two corps would miss the boat. I`m sorry for any Mishima or Imperial player, the fluff from Rob that we will be getting a more detailed back ground to these new rules is fine, but I think that if possible some mention of each should be in the main rules as well.If not in the combat at least the history section after all Imperial started it all on Nero.
Chears All.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:35 am 

As far as I have heard the background of all the corps will be in the book, just not lists for the unreleased factions.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:25 am 

I am sorry for Imperial and Mishima fans, but that makes sense. Actually I don't know if Prodos' Kickstarter does not have the highest amount of miniatures to release than any other kickstarter. I think they have more on their plate than WWX had when they got funded.

I personally think that we might be looking in another kickstarter only for Mishima and Imperial. I think Imperial was left from this one on purpose, being one of the favorite factions, to push the new kickstarter. Also, if the stats will be released in a new book, it will have lots of new content for every faction, thus will be a "must have" for everyone. And if there will be no kickstarter, the above still applies. Just my personal thoughts....

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:33 pm 

Yep, the rulebook, AFAIK, will contain background for all the Megacorporations and Dark Legion apostles.

I'm sure there are big plans for Imperial.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:33 pm 

Can't wait for Nozaki! Tatsumoto, rulebook and starter are in my pledge already :)
Update - Nozaki unlocked!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:54 pm 

seven wrote:
I am sorry for Imperial and Mishima fans, but that makes sense. Actually I don't know if Prodos' Kickstarter does not have the highest amount of miniatures to release than any other kickstarter. I think they have more on their plate than WWX had when they got funded.

I personally think that we might be looking in another kickstarter only for Mishima and Imperial. I think Imperial was left from this one on purpose, being one of the favorite factions, to push the new kickstarter. Also, if the stats will be released in a new book, it will have lots of new content for every faction, thus will be a "must have" for everyone. And if there will be no kickstarter, the above still applies. Just my personal thoughts....

Also in theory they have another 5 fractions to release after the Imperial as well, Cartel & the 4 Dark Eden Tribes, that's not even including having different units for the Apostles, happy days....

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:25 am 

Yeah this is the way to go. If they try and fit all factions (or even just the corps, Dark Legion and the Brotherhood) in one book, then they will have to cut units (thus making a lot of what we pledged for dead weight). And I certainly don't want an omnibus edition like Ultimate Warzone which will take years to develop.

As it stands the game will start out of the gate with six factions. That is more than you see from the beginning compared to most games (Warmachine just had four factions and mercenaries in the beginning, Dystopian Wars started with four factions, etc.). And each of these factions (except Mishima) will come with more units than we saw in the core book of Warzone 1st Edition.

I'm glad they aren't trying to pile a lot in to the first book and are focusing on what it released. It is smarter than either leaving units out to fit other factions (which wont have models) or trying to appease people who want all the units and all the factions (which is not a good idea no matter which way you slice it).

It sounds like Prodos will be doing multi-faction books in the future in the same way as Privateer Press or GW's Forge World (or even 1st Edition Warzone). I think that will be great for introducing new units and factions, myself. It can focus on one or two major factions and have a few new units for the rest. Seems like a great way to go forward. I'm almost a bit jealous that Imperial will get a lot of attention right out of the gate when they are released. :P

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:44 pm 

don't forget there is more than a month between now and release and they have already said they will be announcing more units and heroes so there is a good chance that mishima wont be as skimpy on the units options as you think.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:21 am 

At first I was chocked as well reading that we won't see any rules and stats for unrelaesed models like Imperial. But then I thought that they and probably Mishima as well will get a lot of attention in new book later on, and that 's probably worth the wait. Until then we can play with the other armies ^^

Really looking forward seeing how both Mishima and Imperial will look though.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:00 pm 

I would like to know if Ronin Samurai in starter box will have options for a leader and heavy/special weapons? Will Meka have one build or more weapon variants?