It is currently Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:15 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 2:06 pm 

Quote:
I would love to see the helmet designs!

Yeah, me too. I think the helmets are going to be the strongest visual link to the Hatamoto of old. As for old art vs new art.. well, I think the Hatamoto just moved into the realms of "richer Samurai" :)

Mishima RPG book wrote:
Battlesuit
This is the basic Samurai armour, ultra light yet resistant to damage, designed to keep its wearer safe from harm. Its use is slowly being superseded by the new powered designs, at least among the richer Samurai. It is most common with lower ranking Samurai and Ronin.. (snip)

Powersuit
Powersuits were the first of the new generation of Mishiman armour. The idea was to create a smaller version of the Meka warmachines. A powersuit uses Cybertronic sourced control systems to monitor a complex, heavily armoured hydraulic exo-skeleton, This enormously increases its users strength and mobility in addition to giving him a formidable and intimidating bulk. Warriors in powered armour stand up to 8 feet tall and weigh nearly half a ton. Their huge metal fists are capable of crushing rock. All powered armour is designed to individual specifications. Many suits incorporate frightening face masks, elongated shoulder pad designs and built in weapons. Almost all have a backbanner pole so that the wearer can proclaim his allegiance for all to see.. (snip)

So add a kabuto and a sashimono and we are pretty much there. Prodos, if there is any problem with me reproducing this text from the old RPG book please feel free to zap it from my post.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:10 pm 

Since someone linked the full pdf's of the books in another thread I'd say its fine.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:52 pm 

Ehm Prodos would you mind posting that picture you got up on the main page here in a decent size?