It is currently Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:09 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 12:29 am 

Ok so who will be the 'horde' corporation? Misima is obviously the power armour corp now. bauhaus? I mean bauhaus mishima and capitol is the large corps where imperial and cybertronic are the small ones. Horde tactics doest fit capitols whole special forces deployed by air drop thing, so I guess its bauhaus then?

Xaxius wrote:
TheDungen wrote:
After all mishima is the mega corporation that cares the least for the lives of its citizens.

Source? where in the world to people get this idea?

"A samurai can even kill any commoner simply to test his weapon" mishima sourcebook page 9.

Though it later states he may be challenged by the owner of the commoner if its not his own because he has destroyed his property.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:11 am 

TheDungen wrote:
Ok so who will be the 'horde' corporation? Misima is obviously the power armour corp now. bauhaus? I mean bauhaus mishima and capitol is the large corps where imperial and cybertronic are the small ones. Horde tactics doest fit capitols whole special forces deployed by air drop thing, so I guess its bauhaus then?

Xaxius wrote:
TheDungen wrote:
After all mishima is the mega corporation that cares the least for the lives of its citizens.

Source? where in the world to people get this idea?

"A samurai can even kill any commoner simply to test his weapon" mishima sourcebook page 9.

Though it later states he may be challenged by the owner of the commoner if its not his own because he has destroyed his property.

what edition is that from? sounds like the misconceptions that people were throwing in for 2nd edition. I was under the impression that the game (and hopefully the lore) would be based off first edition which in my opinion has much superior lore.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 6:52 am 

its from the roleplaying game that predates warzone. first edition mishima sourcebook.

if this is against forum guidelines then I apologise in advance.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 8:14 am 

interesting... however it still dosent mean that they have low value on human life just because they are legally allowed to do it dosent mean that they do usualy it would be tested on a criminal awaiting the death sentence or a animal that was to be slaughtered. if human life was of such low value to mishima they wouldn't feed cloth and house all their citizens for free and provide all they need to survive.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:24 am 

"These commoners posses a meager standard of living"

"They are regarded as property of the Keiretsu they serve"

"the commoners are cowed by the sheer brutality and violence of the samurai"

"however they do not understand the homebuilder nobility's concern for their people's welfare, which they see as simple weakness"

I think its pretty obvious that we're talking serfdom at best slavery at worst. The commoners are maintained as a resource just like any other resource with their only value being what they can bring to the ruling classes.
I'm not saying that they're worse than anyone else but its a dystopia and none of the factions can be seen as better than a shade of grey.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 3:51 pm 

interesting the lore in the warzone 1st ed. is different I hope they will go with it if not their own version entirely. in the warzone 1st ed. lore civilians serve out of loyalty not fear. the rpg sounds like it was made deliberately dark and oppressive to allow compelling backgrounds for charicters regardless of their origins.

however regardless of what mishima was in any of the old games we can not make any assumptions on mishima in the current iteration of the game based off of that. the lore for mutant chronicles has changed with EVERY release. so until we get the books we wont know for sure.

regardless of any of that this thread has gotten off topic and needs to gat back on topic so no more discussion about mishima background this thread is for discussion of the mishima force orginization

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 4:26 pm 

the cowed thing is just one of several suggestions to why the mishiman commoners are still loyal. Its mostly attributed to indoctrination in the idea that the mishima way of life if the only good one and the fact that since mercury is almost entirely mishima controlled their citizens only contact with the other corps come through the mishima corporation. sure there's a loyalty there, but 1st ed warzone simply simplifies the more complex idea laid out in the mishima sourcebook.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 4:45 pm 

TheDungen wrote:
the cowed thing is just one of several suggestions to why the mishiman commoners are still loyal. Its mostly attributed to indoctrination in the idea that the mishima way of life if the only good one and the fact that since mercury is almost entirely mishima controlled their citizens only contact with the other corps come through the mishima corporation. sure there's a loyalty there, but 1st ed warzone simply simplifies the more complex idea laid out in the mishima sourcebook.

again I will say that with every new iteration of mutant chronicles the lore has changed so the 1st edition warzone may have next to nothing to do this 1st edition rpg unless you wrote the book theres no way to confirm its just a simplified version of the background in the RPG intead of a rewrite like in every other version. that said...

I said no more off topic if you want to talk about background start your own thread

note that I answered your post because I respect your views enough to do so but if you post off topic again I will ignore you and request this thread be moderated back to being on topic