It is currently Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:36 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Mishima PDF
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:30 am 

Lo folks same deal as usual. Anything that comes to mind with the mishima pdf.

First of I'm a little surprised that the hatamoto go on small bases the concept looks large base to me. Will be really interesting to see what the mini look like.

The artwork on page 9, what is that? Something new or something mishima had before that I missed?

I really like captain hiroko's gunfighter rule, oh and the front artwork is awesome.

and that's my impressions thus far.

Post subject: Re: Mishima PDF
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:46 pm 

Overall i really like what i see this far, it has lots of flavor in there. I like how Nozaki can bring in some Cyber units to which for me makes Mishima more interesting since i really love the Chasseurs but the rest of the Cyber range inst to my taste. (Loved the concepts for Cyber but the changes made to actual renders/models was a bit disappointing.. )

The only thing i find a little weird so far is the 150p price tag on the Meka. Its weaker then the Vulkan but cost 35p more, for 15p more you get a death egg which is allot better.
Compared to the Vulkan:
The Vulkan is more survivable because it has better armour since the Meka is -2piercing and piercing is most of the weapons in the game.
Vuklan essentialy has a "heal" extra save if the first failed.
Meka has one more SP in three areas, but it has weaker armor and takes damage easier.
Vulkan can use torrent fire, Meka cant because it only has one weapon.
Vulkan has better CC weapon, its better at taking out AV targets beacause it has AVV10/RoA3 compared to Meka AVV6/RoA1, both do 2hp/hit. Vs normal targets Vulkan has one less RoA but can do Critical force (2)

The cool thing with the Meka is that it looks realy cool and can have Ki powers, but the drawback to that is it will only make it more expensive. At that point you could just get Hiroko as a lord instead who is more useful.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:46 pm 

Did you considere that the vulkan has EITHER ranged weapons (due to the flamer the torrent of fire is pretty situational) OR close combat weapons? The Meka has both, and better stats...

I agree that compared to the death-egg the other walkers are crap...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:59 pm 

The Eradicator is short of being a heavy, so it's no wonder it's the most powerful walker.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:35 pm 

Vaydon Kyll wrote:
Did you considere that the vulkan has EITHER ranged weapons (due to the flamer the torrent of fire is pretty situational) OR close combat weapons? The Meka has both, and better stats...

I agree that compared to the death-egg the other walkers are crap...

Missread that part but i would still take the Vulkan any day over the Meka for that points cost. Getting a CC weapon isn't worth 35p considering its drawbacks.
Only better stat the Meka has is better WP and one more SP in three locations, it actually has worse armor because of the -2 piercing, most of the time it will have AV13/10/11/12 it will only rarely be at its original AV, compared to the Vulkans 14/13/13/13

Fore the same points i could get for example 10 Chasseurs that brings more to the field then a Meka will. And they can at the same time turn a Meka into swiss cheese and give a boost to your army. Fore 25 points more you get Hiroko as a lord which brings a lot more then a Meka will

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:32 pm 

The Vulkan has 2 ranged weapons, the Meka has one. The player must CHOOSE a single Main Weapon.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:36 am 

1.Shirii Temple Ki Powers: Change name of "Prowl of the Ninja" to "Prowl of the Shinobi".
2.Can I use Nozaki's Honour the Pledge against Cybertronic? It would be weird.
3.Tatsumoto should be playable according to kickstarter info, where are his stats?
4.Page 9 graphic makes me worried. I hope it is not new unit concept. Mishima [and WZ] does not need silly pseudo dragons.
5.Meka should be cheaper-max 140.

Last edited by Shadow Walker on Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:08 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:16 am 

I think Capitol's Orca will be in the same class, close to heavy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:47 am 

Shadow Walker wrote:
2.Can I use Nozaki's Honour the Pledge against Cybertronic? It would be weird.
3.Tatsumoto should be playable according to kickstarter info, where are his stats?

2. Yes, I dont think it would be wierd, like using a mercenary group from a country to fight the country
3. His stats will come with the model

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:17 pm 

2.also isn't cybers basically incapable of disobeying an order?

3.makes sense that it will, having a limited edition model's rule in the rulebook is kind of rubbing it in the face of the people who missed him.