It is currently Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:48 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Mishima Meka
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:24 am 

Mutant Chronicles is a 'Techno-Fantasy Horror' setting, in a futuristic setting. It is a fantasy extension of our own time-stream.

It is not Dieselpunk, nor is it Cyberpunk.

It has elements of both, Mishima, I would argue, is the best example of this. Take a moment to flick through the Mishima Sourcebook for Mutant Chronicles 1st edition. Take a look at the artwork, especially Bergting.

-Triad Gangsters in Leather Jackets.
-1930's style Cars
-Bright neon lighting and adverts.
-Cybernetic body enhancements
-Mechs
-Exo-armour
-A variety of traditional Far Eastern Asian cultural influences (meditation, weapons, design, writing etc).
- Underground Monorail.

Weigh them up, they are a mixture. This means you can take it a few ways, either the way that YOU are personally inclined or the way they were meant to be presented; as a mixture of various influences.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:25 am 

Despite all odds I still hope that Prodos will redesign Meka to look more WZ/Mishima less alien/generic s-f. Most of you do not share my view but at least some people seem to agree that small changes should be made [like different heads, blades and cockpit that would actually enable human to fit in etc.]. Now we must wait and see what will be an end decision of Prodos in this case.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:11 pm 

I think if you look at the size comparison image there is plenty of room to get a pilot in the meka.

I've also just looked at the meka mk2, are we really comparing that to the new model cause that isn't really a basis for this disagreement I'm sorry but just no

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:02 pm 

eisenhorn wrote:
I think if you look at the size comparison image there is plenty of room to get a pilot in the meka.

I've also just looked at the meka mk2, are we really comparing that to the new model cause that isn't really a basis for this disagreement I'm sorry but just no

Plenty of room? Pilot head is [according to fluff] where Meka head is. Take this into account and tell me you can get one of this Samurai inside new Meka without breaking him some bones. Unless he is a hobbit I say no. It is not Warmachine [I am looking at you Stormwall] but WZ and machines should look like they could actually work.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:35 pm 

I'd have to agree with esienhorn. Take a look at the Vulcan next to the Meka, it is of roughly the same size and it seems to have reasonable room for the driver. Besides, we don't know how the driver is positioned (he/she might be in a crouching or lying position).

I do however agree with those that are of the opinion it could (possibly) be more Mishima by adding for example banner poles or something resembling a kabuto crest. With that said, I like the general shape of the Meka, the airplane nose hull fits in nicely with the walkers from the other corporations and that is a good thing. 8-)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:25 pm 

Sebulba wrote:
I'd have to agree with esienhorn. Take a look at the Vulcan next to the Meka, it is of roughly the same size and it seems to have reasonable room for the driver. Besides, we don't know how the driver is positioned (he/she might be in a crouching or lying position).

I do however agree with those that are of the opinion it could (possibly) be more Mishima by adding for example banner poles or something resembling a kabuto crest. With that said, I like the general shape of the Meka, the airplane nose hull fits in nicely with the walkers from the other corporations and that is a good thing. 8-)

Vulcan looks like his pilot could sit inside. New Meka has only possibility for two positions you mentioned. According to fluff Meka is piloted by twin joysticks and two pedals. This removes lying position. There is also one important fact - pilot will be a member of proud Samurai class not some commoner. Meka would never be designed to let him crouch. He would either stand or sit, both options are impossible in New Meka if you want realistic machine not something from Privateer Press' game.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:54 pm 

Quote:
He would either stand or sit, both options are impossible in New Meka

Not so! If the pilot's head is supposed to fit in the Meka's head he can totally fit in the body section in the sitting position. Er.. as long as the pilot was facing backwards :lol:

That said, I can see the pilot fitting in there quite nicely if he sat in the body section like a motorcycle.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:05 pm 

By sitting backwards he would show his enemies that they are not worth to face him :D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:41 pm 

Actually, I agree with Shadow Walker that the "head" should be further back so that the pilot's head can be in it.
I also agree with some previous posters (sorry too lazy to reread the thread for your names) that suggested back banners and helmet crests.
Keeping the "head" where it is makes the torso look 'off' if you know that someone is supposed to be looking out of the head like a helmet, at least to me.
And while I'm throwing my opinion out there, how about an extra arm to replace the gatling and a honking big katana.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:46 pm 

As you get one in the Starter Box, we have to be careful about weapon options. Too many moulds makes the product cost too much.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next