It is currently Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:25 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: using Bushido Samurai.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:58 pm 

Hello, I realise Mishima was one of the last factions to get made and have less stuff but it is a shame only Ronin samurai have been covered, especially as Bushido Samurai are meant to be the norm, I suspect it was partly to stop new players with Mishima not getting upset by being shot down in most games.
It would be easy to make Ronin figures without giving them the guns but how could this be covered in the rules? (For friendly games) I'm sure opponents would be happy for them to simply have no rof but a little balance would be nice, say roa 3 as in the turn to burn option, or simple reduce points, but I feel some CC bonus works best.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:43 pm 

First remove Disposable and Dishonoured rules, then give them Ferocity and Duellist. Make them 12 points each and give access to Demonbreath flamer [for every 1 in 5] for 15 points. One in squad can upgrade to Swordmaster with +2 cc and RoF 3 for 20 points.

Last edited by Shadow Walker on Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:26 pm 

I have some cool ideas for Bushido Samurai and also the Ashigaru. :)

Mishima will have their day.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:49 am 

I hope Bushido samurai actually get ranged weapons in this version since samurai of the past did use range weapons rather extensively. I would think a modernized version of samurai, instead of prohibiting firearms, would restrict himself to certain weapons, perhaps pistols with an option for a sniper rifle upgrade. both weapons in reality require a considerable amount of skill to wield effectively so would fit in a modernized set of bushido principles and their long ranged capabilities could be limited if you put a limit of one in five or squad leader only for the sniper. you could even add a restriction of it being a equipment replacement so that the model with the sniper rifle loses his close ranged capabilities or had them greatly reduced to obtain the long range firepower.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:41 am 

Xaxius wrote:
I hope Bushido samurai actually get ranged weapons in this version since samurai of the past did use range weapons rather extensively. I would think a modernized version of samurai, instead of prohibiting firearms, would restrict himself to certain weapons, perhaps pistols with an option for a sniper rifle upgrade. both weapons in reality require a considerable amount of skill to wield effectively so would fit in a modernized set of bushido principles and their long ranged capabilities could be limited if you put a limit of one in five or squad leader only for the sniper. you could even add a restriction of it being a equipment replacement so that the model with the sniper rifle loses his close ranged capabilities or had them greatly reduced to obtain the long range firepower.

All fluff from rulebook sadly points towards keeping idiotic range taboo for Bushido that is present since 2 edition.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:51 am 

Not necessarily... :ugeek:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:54 am 

rob_alderman wrote:
Not necessarily... :ugeek:

Ok. pilot of Meka is Bushido but they probably count this as armour with extra benefits :D . Any other examples?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:57 pm 

While I understand that mishima is the power armour faction of warzone I hope that you don't go with all "bushido samurai have some sort of power armour"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:30 pm 

No they won't, I think hatamoto will be the heaviest that Mishima see. :)

If I had it my way, they would look like the 2nd ed models as I love those sculpts.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:31 am 

rob_alderman wrote:
No they won't, I think hatamoto will be the heaviest that Mishima see. :)

If I had it my way, they would look like the 2nd ed models as I love those sculpts.

Does it mean you do not plan to make Combat Warheads/Phoenix Samurai? Also I think that Tiger Dragons are more heavy than Hatamoto.