It is currently Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:06 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:08 pm 

There are only few units for our army so I created this topic to let fan created ideas to shine. If you guys have some awesome thougts about your favourite units please post them.

My proposal for Shadow Walkers [I have tried to make them as fluffy as it get]:

M CC RS ST CON WP LD W A Pt
6 15 15 10 13 15 16 1 11 80

Type: Support, Small Bases (30mm), Unique (you can have only one squad in your army).
Squad Composition: 1 Shadow Walker Squad Commander, 1 Shadow Walker.
Squad Size: 2-4 Shadow Walkers.
Equipment: Silenced P60 ‘Punisher’ Handgun, Shinobi Blade, Mortuary Enzymes.
ARMOUR: Shinobi robes (piercing -2, plasma -1).
RANGED WEAPONS
Silenced P60 ‘Punisher’ Handgun
R St RoF AVV Type
18 11 1 0 Piercing (P)
Passive: Silenced Elimination: When using the Silenced P60 ‘Punisher’ Handgun, any successful ‘Armour’ tests made by the targeted model must be re-rolled.
CLOSE COMBAT WEAPONS
Shinobi Blade
R St RoF AVV Type
1 +2 2 0 Piercing
Passive: Venom: Any failed armour test have Critical Force (2).
Passive: Martial Prowess: Any Shadow Walker Model with a Shinobi Blade gains the ‘Impenetrable Armour (10)’ Ability against Close Combat attacks.
Mortuary Enzymes
Passive: Mortuary Enzymes: after death of Shadow Walker his body cannot be used for any purpose (like being changed into Undead Legionnaire etc.).
Squad Upgrades: Add up to 2 extra Shadow Walkers for 40 Points each. Shadow Walkers cannot purchase Ki powers.
Special Skills: Shadow Walk, Dark Arts of Kuji - Kiri, Blind Fighting, Contempt (Dark Legion), Fear (3).
Passive: Shadow Walk: Model with this skill ignores any negative modifiers to movement and can pass through Impassable terrain. Model with this skill is treated as having Stalk Special Skill but spotting test recieve -10 modifier for RS and spotting range is 6".
Passive: Dark Arts of Kuji - Kiri: any attacks against model with this skill gain -2 to hit modifier.

Last edited by Shadow Walker on Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:40 pm, edited 7 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:22 pm 

Now it's time for Deathbringer:

6 17 17 14 15 16 17 4 14(10) 250

Type: Lord, Medium Base (40mm), Unique (you can have only one in your army).
Equipment: Silenced P60 ‘Punisher’ Handgun, Shinobi Blade, Deathbringer robes and Legacy of the First Master, Mortuary Enzymes. Deathbringer cannot buy any Ki powers.
ARMOUR: Deathbringer robes (piercing -1, plasma -1) and Legacy of the First Master (‘Impenetrable Armour (10)’).
RANGED WEAPONS
Silenced P60 ‘Punisher’ Handgun
R St RoF AVV Type
18 11 1 0 Piercing (P)
Passive: Silenced Elimination: When using the Silenced P60 ‘Punisher’ Handgun, any successful ‘Armour’ tests made by the targeted model must be re-rolled.
CLOSE COMBAT WEAPONS
Shinobi Blade
R St RoF AVV Type
1 +2 3 0 Piercing
Passive: Venom: Any failed armour test have Critical Force (2).
Passive: Martial Prowess: Deathbringer with a Shinobi Blade gains the ‘Impenetrable Armour (13)’ Ability against Close Combat attacks.
Mortuary Enzymes
Passive: Mortuary Enzymes: after death of Deathbringer his body cannot be used for any purpose (like being changed into Undead Legionnaire etc.).
Special Skills: Shadow Walk, Kobudera, Blind Fighting, Contempt (Dark Legion), Fear (4), Espionage, Fearless, Dissention, There is no escape!, Hensōjutsu.
Passive: Shadow Walk: Model with this skill ignores any negative modifiers to movement and can pass through Impassable terrain. Model with this skill is treated as having Stalk Special Skill but spotting test recieve -10 modifier for RS and spotting range is 6".
Passive: Kobudera: any attacks against model with this skill gain -4 to hit modifier.
Passive: There is no escape!: Shielded/Guarded rules cannot be used against any attacks made by Deathbringer. Additionaly Deathbringer may always make Free Slash [ignore any rule that says otherwise like Mitch's Guerrilla Tactics etc.].
Active: Hensōjutsu: Once per game turn to Burn 4 Resource Cards. At the beginning of his activation Deathbringer can change places with any Warlord/Lord from your army that is on the table. It is possible even if a model that he changed place with was engaged. Both models can then act as normal.

Last edited by Shadow Walker on Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:41 pm, edited 6 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:06 pm 

Shadow Walker wrote:
Special Skills: Shadow Walk, Dark Arts of Kuji - Kiri, Blind Fighting, Contempt (Dark Legion), Fear (3).
Passive: Shadow Walk: Model with this skill ignores any negative modifiers to movement and can pass through Impassable terrain. Untill model with this skill makes any attack it cannot be targeted by any attack or skill.
Passive: Dark Arts of Kuji - Kiri: any attacks against model with this skill gain -4 modifier.

this seems WAY too powerful basically you could have this unit march across the battlefield find my warlord or best unit and eliminate them from the game without me even being able to TRY to stop you and when they finaly DO become targetable I have -4 to hit on top of any other modifiers I had from range or cover. the rules for these guys might as well say "your opponent looses" all I can do is run from these guys until they blender one of my units. and when they do kill one of my units, and they will kill it, it will be my best unit. the only weakness these guys have is that they cant do much against vehicles except they still get 2 ki powers so they can take Power of the ox to give the squad commander AVV:10 ROA:3 and double SP damage. and they would still have a ki power pick left to take one of the defensive ki powers to make them even harder to kill.

now if shadow walk and the dark arts of kuji-kiri WERE their 2 ki powers and were activated abilities instead of passives then it might be a more acceptable as a unit.

aside from that the points total you have listed is 30 when it should be 120 minimum because of having 4 models at 30 points apiece
and the Dark Arts of Kuji - Kiri does not specify what the attacks suffer a -4 penalty to I assumed it was to hit cause that's what makes sense but it should be made clear

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:20 pm 

Xaxius wrote:
Shadow Walker wrote:
Passive: Shadow Walk: Model with this skill ignores any negative modifiers to movement and can pass through Impassable terrain. Untill model with this skill makes any attack it cannot be targeted by any attack or skill.
Passive: Dark Arts of Kuji - Kiri: any attacks against model with this skill gain -4 modifier.

this seems WAY too powerful basically you could have this unit march across the battlefield find my warlord or best unit and eliminate them from the game without me even being able to TRY to stop you and when they finaly DO become targetable I have -4 to hit on top of any other modifiers I had from range or cover. the rules for these guys might as well say "your opponent looses" all I can do is run from these guys until they blender one of my units. and when they do kill one of my units, and they will kill it, it will be my best unit. the only weakness these guys have is that they cant do much against vehicles except they still get 2 ki powers so they can take Power of the ox to give the squad commander AVV:10 ROA:3 and double SP damage. and they would still have a ki power pick left to take one of the defensive ki powers to make them even harder to kill.

now if shadow walk and the dark arts of kuji-kiri WERE their 2 ki powers and were activated abilities instead of passives then it might be a more acceptable as a unit.

aside from that the points total you have listed is 30 when it should be 120 minimum because of having 4 models at 30 points apiece
and the Dark Arts of Kuji - Kiri does not specify what the attacks suffer a -4 penalty to I assumed it was to hit cause that's what makes sense but it should be made clear

Thanks for the comments :) You are of course right about point cost. Now as to Shadow Walk [its part of being invisible before attack] it is basically what this unit had in 2nd edition. It was powerful but that's why then and now there is 1 squad only for entire army [I change them now to 2-4 members and removed 1 wound]. I have added that after first attack they are visible for entire game. As to Dark Arts of Kuji - Kiri it is -4 to hit and it simulates Shadow Walkers formidable skills [it also simulates Shadow Walkers stealth, them being able to hide even in there you would think is impossible to find cover]. Mortificators have a 50% chance to avoid being wounded with their Dodge so I thought it would be fair for Shadow Walkers to have something similar. Still I decided to lower it to -2. I will also add that they cannot buy any Ki powers.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:21 pm 

with the new squad member limitation and wound reduction it makes them a lot more balance and while they can still take out an entire squad it is less likely especially against tougher or larger squads the only other adjustments I might recommend at this time would be a reduction in their ST to 9, and maybe a reduction in their ROA to 2, remember that these adjustments are somewhat offset by the fact that for their first attacks they will most likely be in their targets rear arc granting them +4 to CC and allowing them to backstab which reduces the enemy armor by 50% so even with the reduced roa they will most likely have 2 hits and most targets will only have a 25%-35% of saving and with the poison each successful wound effect will be doubled.

on a side not I believe that they are too cheap points wise for their capabilities but prodos would have a better idea about the appropriate value

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:20 am 

Cool ideas and it fits the unit very well. But I think they are still overpowered. No squad should have abilities that makes them untargetable whatsoever. With 3 melee attacks per model it gets quite insane once they enter combat. I can imagine there will be several types of cards which will increase their power even more.

Hard to detect and hard to attack is okay...impossible to attack isn't.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:05 pm 

Xaxius: St of 10 comes from fluff where SW [even 12 old boys still in traning] are bigger/stronger/faster than most humans. I agree about RoA and now it is 2 instead of 3. Also point cost goes up to 40 per model.
Malebolgia: I have changed Shadow Walk. Now it should be more balanced.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:29 pm 

Ashigaru aka Mishima cannon fodder :D :

5 12 11 8 8 12 13 1 11 45

Type: Troop, Small Bases (30mm).
Squad Composition: 1 Ashigaru Squad Commander, 4 Ashigaru.
Squad Size: 5-12 Ashigaru.
Equipment: Tambu no. 1 ‘Shogun’ Assault Rifle with 'Yari' Spear Bayonet, Ashigaru Armour.
ARMOUR: Ashigaru Armour (piercing -2).
RANGED WEAPONS
Tambu no. 1 ‘Shogun’ Assault Rifle
R St RoF AVV Type
24 12 1 0 Piercing (A)
CLOSE COMBAT WEAPONS
'Yari' Spear Bayonet
R St RoF AVV Type
1,5 +1 1 0 Piercing
Squad Upgrades: Add up to 7 extra Ashigaru for 9 Points each. Ashigaru cannot purchase Ki powers. 1 in 5 Models in the Squad may replace its Tambu no. 1 ‘Shogun’ Assault Rifle with an Tambu no. 20 Kensai Light Machine Gun for 12 Points.
Tambu no. 20 Kensai Light Machine Gun
R St RoF AVV Type
18 14 1 0 Piercing (S)
Passive: Combined Fire: If a Squad contains two Tambu no. 20 Kensai Light Machine Guns the Squad can complete a ‘Suppression Fire’ Special Action.
Special Skills: For Daimyo!
Passive: For Daimyo! Any Ashigaru model starting their Activation within 12 inches of Warlord from Mishima army gain an additional +1 Modifier to RoA until the end of the Game Turn.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:17 pm 

Demon Hunter:

5 16 13 9 15 17 18 2 15(9) 80

Type: Support, Medium Base (40mm).
Squad Composition: 1 Demon Hunter Squad Commander.
Squad Size: 1-3 Demon Hunters.
Equipment: Tambu no. 19 'Dragonfire' HMG, 'Demontooth' Sword, Demon Hunter Powersuit, Mystic Talismans.
ARMOUR: Demon Hunter Powersuit (piercing -1).
RANGED WEAPONS
Tambu no. 19 'Dragonfire' HMG
R St RoF AVV Type
24 14 3 2 Piercing (S)
Passive: Blessed Bullets: Any Dark Legion model wounded by this weapon cannot make Heal tests.
CLOSE COMBAT WEAPONS
'Demontooth' Sword
R St RoF AVV Type
1 +3 3 2 Piercing
Passive: Demonbane: Successful Armour test made by Dark Legion model must be re-rolled.
Mystic Talismans
Active: Turn to burn 2 Resource Cards to negate any Psychic Power from the Dark Legion Symmetry Books (Algeroth, Ilian, Demnogonis, Muawijhe and Semai) cast on friendly model (including Demon Hunter) in within 6" of Demon Hunter.
Squad Upgrades: Add up to 2 extra Demon Hunters for 80 Points each.
Special Skills: Contempt (Dark Legion), Fear (2), Fearless, Sins of Toranaga, Relentless, Stay Frosty, Way of the Mystic.
Passive: Sins of Toranaga: Demon Hunter cannot be fielded in army that includes any Brotherhood model.
Passive: Way of the Mystic: Each Demon Hunter in squad can purchase up to 2 Ki powers.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:38 pm 

This post is causing confusion

These are not official rules and so shouldn't be presented on the offical WZR forum

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]