It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:06 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Help with Light Infantry
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:08 am 

Hey all,
I've got some painter's block. I cracked open the light infantry figures I got from the kickstarter recently, cleaned them up, put them together, sprayed them with Army Painter Army Green primer, and now I'm stuck. I have absolutely no idea where to go from there.

I mainly use Vallejo game colours, and intend using a rocky base for them, so I'm seeking some suggestions on what to build on from the olive green colour.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:44 pm 

i had the same thing going on for me, i just looked at em and can't really see how they would look painted. i mainly use my citadel colors, got some blues, reds and brownish/yellowish stuff besides the standard metal tones and washes.

after i read the fluff part of the rulebook again, i assumed the light infantry as lowest form of any capitol army. having that in mind i wanted them to be some sort of more colorful guys appearing in masses, like spreading the word in terms of carrying the colors of the capitol.

i chose a dark green tone for the armor parts on the legs, the body armor and a dirty yellowish tone for any party of cloth. then i washed them with nuln oil to make am dirty, colored the backpack in vallejo "panzer grau" which looks kind of greyish black, pretty deep, and highlighted it dark grey to make it look like a black totally worn jeans - stonewashed, this came out pretty good.

this is where i am now, i painted the a50 in a lightgrey and washed it black to keep it simple and just added a blue mark on the top of the gun.

maybe there will be some mud and dust added to the legs after i chose how to paint my marsian style bases from the captiols homeworld.