It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:13 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:53 am 

Very nice colours and paintjob.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:44 pm 

And two more Chasseurs finished! This time also a Plasma Rifle.

The Plasma Rifle is from the Wargames Factory Shock Troopers and I like the weird high tech look it has.
I changed the painting on the pistol and I like the new look a lot more than the light grey on the first one. In the end I will change the painting on the first one's gun...someday :P.
After painting I found out I highlighted the armor plates on #2 and #3 way more, but the difference is acceptable IMO.
And yes, the varnish on #3's visor cracked :(. Ah well, you don't see it during games.

Here's a group shot of the first three together.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:57 pm 

A fast update for a change! I started painting my sci-fi scenery for my "Cyberpunk" table. I want all kinds of cool sci-fi elelemts on it, from high tech to low tech. One of my new favorite materials is HDF (a variant of MDF). There are many companies out there who produce HDF scenery and this stuff is the dog's bollocks! Fantastic to work with and it paints well. I started with three Infinity Holo Ads. Perfect as cover pieces and with the translucent acryllic they are gorgeous too. I only used an airbrush on them (except for the edges, which were done by brush) and I was done in about two hours. Learned a lot which I will be using on the next pieces.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:15 pm 

Wow, talk about 1 size fits all. The real deal, senery for any Si /Fi, I`m dead jealous mate nice job there.
Cheers all.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:45 am 

Cheers mate!
I'm a big fan of the sci-fi HDF scenery you can get nowadays. It works perfectly for sci-fi and is easy to work with, especially if you have an airbrush. I do think these holo-ads are a bit too 'clean sci-fi' for Warzone, but I don't mind that much.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:43 pm 

You should be able to paint some official models very soon.... :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:12 am 

Didn't paint anything for over a month, but assembled a lot of my Cybertronic stuff to make sure I can play some games. Here's my stuff, except for the Immortal and Everassur (they're not the most interesting models to show unpainted):

The Armoured Chasseurs...love those models! They were very easy to assemble. The torsos and legs don't have that much mould lines, so are easily done. Most guns are easy too. I used boiling water to repose some legs and arm sets, which works well. I wanted to do crouching poses, but that seemed impossible by only using boiling water. I used the alternate Atilla heads for my Squad Commanders, something I picked up from Mark Theurer's YouTube channel. The blueish bodies and arms are from the Scorpion's torso.
The shoulder pads are left off, I will add thexse after painting.

Showed these before, but I really like the Atillas. Personally not a fan of separate legs, but they're easy to assemble.

Ah...the Machinators! Some of the more interesting models to assemble. The legs are a bit in an awkward pose, but with boiling water they are easy to repose. The main sculpting problem with them is the spindly knees. With two models the knees snapped. A bit of superglue and they're stuck together again, but still. And the gun nozzles aren't cast well, the rings are not very nice. I think I will cut them off and drill holes in the guns.
But generally I really like these models. They are HUGE and fit their lithe and agile rules very well. I have 6 more to assemble, so glad I like them ;)

The Scorpion, what a bastard to assemble. So many parts! And the legs took me a lot of time (and frustration) to get done. In the end Superglue Accelerator helped me. I only stuck 6 legs to the body. I think it looks better this way, but maybe I still add the last two. Otherwise I'll probably do the last two sockets with some OSL to make it look nice. Instead of using the regular body, I glued a 2nd edition plastic Charger HMG on top. I'm just not a fan of the torso on top, it looks odd. And I wanted a machine, it fits the fluff better IMO. I don't see a Chasseur lying dormant for ages. The base was done with Apoxie sculpt to fit in with the rest of my bases.

I bought these two because the models are cool and they are limited. I only saw yesterday that the models are 'Cartel agents', meaning I can field them in my Cybertronic force. Sweet! So I quickly assembled them. I'm very happy with the pose and base on Tatsumoto. I think it fits the pose well. I only need to rebend his Naginata Powerspear again. But that'll be easy.

So now I 'only' have 10 Mirrormen, 2 Atillas, 6 Machinators and 1 Scorpion left to assemble. But first it's time for some games!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:58 am 

Just a quick tip!
On the Atillas, if you remove a bit of plastic from the arm joints so it comes closer to the body it will look allot better. You can se the gap that i mean on the left Atillas weapon arm in the pic.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:21 pm 

Gosh those look good enjoy painting them, I`m still confined to looking at the moment mate, you lucky devil.
Cheers all.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:18 am 

nice!

But... what happened to Tatsumotus face? That really looks hard to correct.

As for the scorpion: I dont see why it should have that many parts. The legs, for example, shouldnt have been two-parted (or three? how many parts are there?)

I´m looking forward to see these painted!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next