It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:29 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:19 pm 

I realy like your bases, were have bought them?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:59 am 

Cheers lads!
Dragonforge Design. They have the best resin bases in the industry IMO. Their casts are near flawless, I think I have never spotted an air bubble or inconsistency on them ever.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:56 pm 

Thanks, is the base for the Imperial Doomtrooper in the urban rubble city serie? I cant find it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:51 pm 

Jup, Urban Rubble. Make sure you check the 40mm bases...it's the one in the lower right.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:27 pm 

Finished a new building for my city: the Food Booth 9000 from Warmill. As soon as this beauty was released, I knew I had to get one. I ordered the 'Happy Noodle' variant. The Warmill buildings are even easier to assemble than Micro Art buildings. The fit is better and more logical. It seems they use MDF instead of HDF, but the difference in painting is minimal. Once again almost everything was done with airbrush. I added a lot of neon lights and bright OSL colors, for this fits the image I have of the Cyberpunk side of Warzone. After painting, the real fun started...adding details! Normally I don't care for 'open buildings' where you can place models inside. I think it's too much hassle during games. But for the Food Booth I had some silly ideas, so I added loads of stuff:
*Two pans (made from Busch flower pots with styrene rod as handles)
*Frying pan (made from the bottom of a baby milk powder spoon with two pieces of paper clip as handles)
*Leek, 2 unions, 2 carrots, meat (all green stuff)
*Kitchen knife (an Imperial Guard dagger)
*Soy, chili sauce and rice oil (three small resin pots I had)
*Red barrel with...something inside (Fenris Games barrel)
*Dirty bin (Fenris Games)
*Two servings of noodles (Busch Models Flower Pots with paperclips as chopsticks)
*Uzi (Foundry)
*TV screen (Antenociti with a printed image)
*Posters of noodles and a playboy chick
*Poster of Daft Punk
*Bag of rice (Tabletop World)
Finally, the noodles were done with sewing thread, dipped in Water Effects with some Citadel Gryphonne Sepia Wash
This buildings was loads of fun to build and I'm very happy with the end result!

(the Food Booth with the roof on top. You can see the first serving of noodles in the front)

(on the backside I also added some Busch graffiti and the Daft Punk poster)

My my, what a dirty kitchen. The bench is filled with food, a dirty pan, knife and chili sauce. On the stove is the big frying pan, the rice oil, some boiling water and noodles poster.

In the back you can see the barrel, on the stove is the Uzi and soy sauce.

On the left the bin and next to the window is the TV screen. Fat Freddy the cook is a cheeky git...watching Playboy TV the whole time! The second serving of noodles is just being served.

The man...the legend...Fat Freddy the cook manning his Bood Booth 9000. He may not have people skills, but his food is fantastic.

I've finally basecoated some miniatures too!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:05 pm 

Awesome!!! I personally love this kind of stuff and myself I am a big fan of detail work. I am planning on making a whole board to this level of detail, which will probably take up to one year of modelling, but the effect is always worth it IMHO.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:49 pm 

That food booth is fantastic!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:12 am 

Insanely awesome. Really detailed work.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:14 am 

Cheers people, much appreciated!

Another update, but a bit of a cheater this time...I repainted some old scenery I had to make it more dirty and grimy. The scenery pieces were painted years ago (some even ten years ago when I played VOID 1.1) and they were quite useful for my Warzone table. But then I first had to take care of them to make them filthy and foul. Basically, to add some contrast to the bright look of the buildings. The main ingredient for this was the new Citadel technical paint Typhus Corrosion. I heard some people saying it was the same as Vallejo Smokey Ink or Vallejo Smoke, but that sure ain't true. This stuff is way better! It works like a charm and it's very easy to add a dirty, textured grime to models or scenery. And it dries supermatt too.

Crates, chests and small doodles; they are two resin pieces from VOID 1.1

Another big crate with small items by VOID 1.1 and also a Fenris industrial crate (I think both are OOP...the Void one isn't made anymore, went OOP in the time of I-Kore)

Three items from VOID 1.1 which are also OOP if I remember well.

Some oil drums from a toy set and a GW and on the right a bunch of oil drums by VOID 1.1

Two odd machines from Fenris Games. I really love them. They have a good industrial or dieselpunk look. They were all done with weathering powders from MIG and finally some quick grimy washes with Typhus Corrosion. Good stuff to add to the table, but unfortunately OOP (they aren't in his shop or eBay shop anymore anyway)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:47 pm 

Very nice buildings, but I really like the way you have done this latest scenery, looking grungy and well used thanks for the updates and some ideas spring to mind to paint my own up as well.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next