It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:12 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:20 pm 

semai99 wrote:
Great looking figures they will look the business on those new bases, are you going to be using the sames scheme throughout your Mishima for the Meka etc? Can't wait to see them assembled and what you do with the rest of the force.

Thanks for the kind comments :)

In regards to continuing colours...I am really not sure if I am to be honest. I like the Ronin colours I have seen, but for the Meka I think blue might be too dominating.

I will have to experiment with it and see what I end up preferring.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:00 am 

Whoa, those are some sweet looking Hatamoto, loving that classic color scheme! Cannot wait to see em based and finished.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:39 pm 

Hi guys,

The Hatamoto squad is now complete and I will be taking some photographs tomorrow for your perusal.

In the mean time I have been busy working on the Meka. I decided to try and make it fit in more with my army by adding twin Sashimono banners. I built these from brass rod and plasticard sheets. The intention is to start painting tomorrow and initially I will try Semai99 idea of transferring the Hatamoto colour scheme to the Meka..but who knows I may do something weird and wacky with it anyways lol.

Please note that the arms are not glued into place as they still need cleaning, the Sashimono's are a tight fit anyway and will not be glued to allow better transportation.

Thanks for looking,

Chris/DiStudios

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:40 pm 

Looking very good! Can't wait to see more of these guys. I absolutely love the new Mishima models, and I'm actually quite excited to see the Crimson Devils and Demon Slayer when they come out.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:25 pm 

Very quick update today,

With the Hatamoto done and photographed I have now moved on fully to what remains of my Mishima pledge. Both Hiroko and 5 Ronin are ready for paint tomorrow, while the Meka has received it's first stages of blue paint. I will focus on getting the Meka completed asap and then work on the special sashimo design later on (I still need to practice the intricate design).

Once I get these figures out of the way, all I will have remaining of my Mishima force will be the following:

5 extra Ronin
2 extra meka - I won't be adding Sashimon, but these two Meka will have modifications and patterns to make them unique
5 extra Hatamoto - Currently waiting for 4 replacement swords from Prodos
Nozaki
Tatsumoto

I am predicting maybe end of the month to finish all of the above, meaning I can start the Tiger Dragons straight away. Of course after all that I still have a box full of Bauhaus to work through : /

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:32 pm 

3 Mekas is something that I am considering as well. I love those minis. I should get at least 2.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:37 pm 

Not had a lot of time to paint this week, but every free hour I have had has been poured into the Meka. I took a slightly different approach this time, by airbrushing the blues (since it is a large figure) however the blue wash went a bit weird on me. This proved to be a good thing as it meant I had to do a cover up - The Dragon Koi.

The 'tattoo' is completely freehand, no stencil or pencil outline was use, I went straight to fine detail brush and paint. This is a switch around, as originally I wanted the Sashimono banners to have the Koi and the Meka plain, but I think this result has worked out better. The other two Meka will also have 'tattoo's' on them when I get round to them.

So much for keeping things simple!

Thanks for looking,

Chris/DiStudios

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:01 pm 

WoW! I am stunned...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:26 pm 

This is totally amazing!!! I hope you will paint different armies as well. 1st class work

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:44 pm 

now that is just awesome, I'm starting to think that Prodos should buy the rights from you to use pictures of your minis in their coming rulebooks. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next