It is currently Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:18 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:22 pm 

That is both inspirational and depressing. I'm about to go and correct the terrible error of not owning a Mishima starter (and therefor a Meka) but I know I'll never get mine looking as awesome as that :D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:09 pm 

All you can say is Wow just Wow, really looking forward to seeing the whole model come together..

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:24 am 

Thank you all for the kind comments, I really appreciate it :)

@seven - I have a huge amount to Bauhaus to jump into once my I finish my Mishima, right now I am estimating end of January for everything to be completed.

@Pax - I would be thrilled if that were the case, but I am sure that Prodos have already invested in serious painting teams for gallery shots. If I did somehow manage to make it into a fan's gallery i would be more than happy with that out come.

I should be finishing the main body tonight/tomorrow morning with the arms to follow. I am a little behind schedule as I wanted both the Meka and Hiroko done, but the extra time spent on the Meka makes up for this I think.

I appreciate you guys checking up and commenting on my works, I look forward to (hopefully) sharing a finished Meka at the end of the weekend!

With thanks,

Chris/DiStudios

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:48 pm 

As we know there is no studio working for Prodos. It was said many times that right now it is too expensive to get all miniatures studio painted. I would love to see your work in the WZR e-shop next to unpainted minaitures and in an official gallery.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:19 pm 

If it happens, it happens, only time will tell.

It does make me wonder though, what they will do for conventions and the like. I remember Salute 2003/2004 which was the first time Warmachine had stalls in London, they had no miniatures for the cabinets to show off, so did a shout out on the forums (My Khador were used). Perhaps this will be the same scenario for Prodos this year?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:48 am 

Managed to get a few hours this evening to do some painting and the result is: I am on the final stages of Meka #1! just teh reds of the arms to do a small set of highlights for the metal areas oh and of course the base needs to be done, but other than that closing stages.

I had a few problems today with certain things though

I had originally painted up the right fist in red and it looked pretty bad, like a fat round Spider Man, so that had to change to blue asap

I had originally done the whole head in green, but the colours got swallowed by the strong oranges, so I redid that over dark blues instead

After finally getting the head done, I messed up the contrast on the green visor and had to redo it - but it looks a lot better now. Also I am quite happy with the subtle glow, I was a bit apprehensive about getting it right, as it may have ruined the whole Koi tattoo...I would not have been happy if that happened.

So closing stages now, I would like to say tomorrow to finish but this will depend on whether or not I have any time to paint. I have started planning my second Meka though, code named Project Red Tide...this one is going to be more of a beast than old Dragon Koi here...

Thanks for looking, as always comments & Criticism is welcome.

With thanks,

Chris/DiStudios

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:57 am 

Man that thing looks great and the green on the visor was a good choice. It really stands out!

So what are you going to do with the Snoopy nose? Paint the Mishima symbol on it or leave it as it is?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:13 pm 

This looks just amazing!!! I think snoopy nose should go! I think it will look good if you paint it in similar colors as the tattoo to blend it in a bit (using different colors but the same palette), otherwise if it stands out it will always look like snoopy nose ;) . I bet you rather have your Meka be called Striking Dragon Meka than Snoopy Dragon Meka :D .

Edit: Maybe a Mishima sing that comes as Mishiman red from the middle but turns into Dragon orange on the edges slowly changing the color from the middle of it??

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:29 pm 

The plan with the snoopy nose is to paint it white and add the Mishima M and red lines. In my head, the white and red makes a nice colour break for the whole torso, but of course I won't know until I actually try it...so fingers crossed that first time's a charm :s

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:22 pm 

You´re a beast, man!
Superb!
I love the contrast of dark blue and this dark red.

I think to bring this thing to another level, you would have to make it more "realistic". The way it is now, it looks fresh out of the factory. Dirty feet, oily weapon etc. But then again... this model is awesome without this even.(and If I were you I wouldnt do this because I´d fear to destroy what I have already painted*g)

The only thing that really bothers me about this model is the right hand/sword which looks like a cheap childrens toy from the 80s. Not your fault. The Brotherhood robot looks the same way, too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next