It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:11 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:38 pm 

Cheers Dunnagh!

I think with this particular Meka I am not going to weather it BUT Project Red Tide will be weathered ^^

I agree on the blade, it does look a little on the stumpy side, but my intention with this Meka is too keep it as stock as possible (just in case). I will be having a ton of mecha fun with the others though - I have two more Meka waiting to be cleaned up. I just need to wait for a few replacement parts (which have been reported) to arrive before I commence those two projects.

I have to admit, despite the logistical issues, Prodos have exceeded my expectations with their new figure range and I am craving more Mishima miniatures already!

With thanks,

Chris/DiStudios

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:44 pm 

You have an amazing talent with the brush my friend these minis are amazing. I love the color scheme it reminds me of Crimson fists. I may have to shamelessly borrow the scheme to paint my Tatsumoto mini :)

Last edited by krizzle on Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:39 pm 

Beautifully done I'm sure not many people thought of doing this to the meka kinda reminds me of the dragon bike artwork form the 1st edition rules. looking forward to your next project.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:18 pm 

Thank you for the kind comments :)

@semai99 - The Dragon Bike definitely was an influence on this piece, I hope we see a updated version from Prodos in the future.

The Meka is done, I am just waiting on some basing supplies before I go ahead and do the gallery photo shoot. The next unit in the queue is the first of my two Ronin units. I really like the Ronin, from concept to render and in all honesty seeing the art alone caused me to divert some of my pledge to Mishima.

Today I have finished, what I consider to be the most time consuming part which is the skin. I have gone about it in a different fashion than normal, in order to try and get a more realistic look. I think it has gone well, but I am not sure how well the photos will show it.

I have tried to include a close up of the face work of one of the Ronin, but again I had troubles, which makes me wonder if I can capture the detail at all with my current camera stuff. I will have to look more into this...

Thanks for looking,

Chris/DiStudios

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:01 pm 

Those are some fantastic looking faces! Loving the blue on the pants as well!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:00 pm 

So, considering what I have seen so far it is time to send a spy over to your place to learn all of your secrets. I really wish I could paint with the same high quality on my miniatures. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:28 am 

Another Ronin post, this time I used my proper camera as the iphone really was not good enough to show the shading.

There are 6 photos in total of the wip, if you would like to see them please pay this post a visit: http://xivlegion.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/warzone-resurrection-mishima-ronin-face.html

Thanks for looking,

Chris/DiStudios

@Pax - if it helps i could try to do a tutorial instead, might save on the spy bills :P

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:22 am 

I would love that. :D Faces are one of the most tricky parts to paint good and I'm sure more than me would find it useful.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:33 pm 

Pax wrote:
I would love that. :D Faces are one of the most tricky parts to paint good and I'm sure more than me would find it useful.

Ok, I will try and get a tutorial done this week if it helps :)

With thanks,

Chris/DiStudios

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:20 pm 

Last week was me birthday so I only got a few hours to do anything hobby wise. What I did get done though, I am fairly happy with. I decided to go with black rims on the armour as for some reason it did not look right edged in gold, not sure why but it really put me off. I am hoping a sharp highlight of grey will do the trick to finishing it off. I have seen the Prodos ones and while i quite like the blue arms to represent skin suits, I also think it will enhance the models a bit more. Being Ronin I can always do some with sleeves and some without...to give a less uniformed loo.

In regards to the face paiting tutorial, I am actually saving it for a rather special miniature, I will share more when it arrives.

Thanks for looking and as always c&c appreciated :)

Chris/DiStudios

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next