It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:08 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Captain Semper's Bauhaus
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:31 pm 

Hi everybody. I've started a thread on my Bauhaus troops but it seems posting here is more appropriate. So with no further ado here's some background on my force (based on the original RPG background):

So my guys are the force of a newly appointed (granted patents of nobility) Baron Anton von Rost. He's been granted the patents of nobility for services offered to the Elector House Saglielli because of his administration skills in improving productivity in a major chemical plant for 7 consecutive years and dealing decisively with suppressing industrial action several times to keep the plant going.

As such he was given the right to claim a small disputed area on Mars. This was towards a bit south to the Martian equator and quite far away from Munburg - Bauhaus main settlement on the planet located in the South Pole and not that far from Dark Legion domains. Unfortunately this domain was in dispute by Capitol - there was no official agreement on the lands and as such there was constant harassment by Capitolian troops. His mission was to secure this estate and all the infrastructure upon it for Bauhaus (mostly mining operations in the Rust Desert). Von Rost was given as starting out force from the resources of the Sagliellis comprising of the 810th Hussar Regiment and supported by elements of the Order of Fear - until the newly elevated Baron could build up his own Order of Guards.

So the 810th Hussars - Squad Blue:

And here are my first attempt on the Vorrieters:

I will try to add the second rider during the week...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:42 am 

First of all, really nice background for your force, always nice to have some fluff about your armies.

I really like the colour scheme as well. I'm especially impressed in how the Vorrieters turned out, what did you use for the desert dust effect? Some weathering powder?

Keep up the great work!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:23 pm 

SpaceCowboy wrote:
First of all, really nice background for your force, always nice to have some fluff about your armies.

I really like the colour scheme as well. I'm especially impressed in how the Vorrieters turned out, what did you use for the desert dust effect? Some weathering powder?

Keep up the great work!

Thank you SpaceCowboy and sorry for the late reply - real life became kind of hectic last week...

The Vorreiters are really simple - no powders or anything like that... Plain brown paint liberally drybrushed to the areas that I think would be the more dusty and then a more light drybrush with orange. I use GW paints so it's the old Calthan Brown and the new Troll Slayer Orange. And that's all there is to it! :)

I just finished both the Vorreiters and on to the Vulcan and Angelika!

Some pics:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:52 pm 

your force looks awesome. I wouldn't mind loosing to an army looking this good :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:09 pm 

No problem mate and thanks for the answer, nice that it was so simple and yet looking so realistic.

The Vorreters and hussars turned out great, maybe add something more to the bases. A small tuft of dry grass here and there would look even nicer I think.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:02 pm 

@ seven: thanks mate - great compliment! Although I'm sure if we were to play my money would be on you winning! ;)

@ SpaceCowboy: I was thinking the same thing. I need to be more creative in the base department... We;ll see.

Im in the process of finishing off Angelika. Will post soon!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:20 pm 

Another dam good painted army, well done "Capt". I even like your Vorreters, which I`ve never personally liked. I admitt that with your paint scheme they Kinda work.
Cheers all

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:38 pm 

Thank you for your kind words!

There are two things I dislike about the Vorreiters. The first is the crude design of the cannons in the front. The barrels are alright but the box? Too crude for the level of detail of the Prodos stuff... The second is the position of the rider. I'd expect a more dynamic pose, more curved back so to speak. They look a bit unnaturally straight...

But the bikes themselves I find a very Bauhaus concept. Diesel punk and kind of Art Deco at the same time.i really enjoyed doings the pipes trying to achieve the burned iron look adding a couple of layers of purple wash on brass and gun metal, then dry brushing with plain black... A joy, I tell you! :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:13 pm 

Right, a bit of fluff:

Anton von Rost while still an Administrator he encouraged his daughter Alexia to join the ranks of the Order of Fear. This act of loyalty did not go unnoticed by the Sagliellis and contributed greatly to von Rost's elevation to nobility. Once the new domains were awarded to von Rost he respectfully asked the Order to allow his daughter to join him and help him solidify his position in this very hostile environment.

In the mean time, Alexia had become a highly decorated officer in the Order of Fear - a distinction that given the Order of Fear mission was enough to strike fear and awe to even the most loyal of the Bauhaus employees.

The Order of Fear agreed to allow Alexia to join her father which she promptly did. Although she now wears the green/grey fatigues of the noble house of von Rost, she had kept her jet black dress jacket and the neurolash of her Order of Fear days. This served as a reminder to the troops that dying from enemy fire may not be the worst that may happen to them...

So here is Alexia, in her green/grey fatigues with the black jacket with the decorations of the Order of Fear.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:18 pm 

Alexia turned out really well! It's not an easy model to paint in my opinion but you sure did an awesome job with her.

Her clothes look really nice and works great with your background fluff. My favourite part is the face which looks really nice and smooth but still has a lot of expression.