It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:01 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:53 pm 

Day 1.

So. I found out that Prodos is coming to Gothcon. Though I'm not yet sure I can go, I figured I'd give it a try to speedpaint part of one of my armies and (if money permits and I go to the 'con) bring it to Gothenburg. I have already started on Dark Legion, but I just can't seem to find a good mix of the troops I want, so I've instead decided to pain up my Cybers. Plus, I can make a smaller army, which means I don't have to paint as much. During the Easter holidays, I'm gonna have to work hard on my level designer portfolio and my starter boardgame project, so even taking time off to go to Gothcon might be pushing it. Thus, I now aim to be done with my army to an acceptable tabletop standard, no later than Sunday next week. Phew. What have I gotten myself into. I will try to update this daily.

This is how far along I am today;

I have fixed the slits in all the bases, built up one of the bases for a Cuirassier, and assembled the Cuirassier.

Close-up of the Cuirassier.

Last edited by Kollar on Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:01 am 

Where did you get the SW4100 LMG for Atilla? My three atillas has none.. epic weapon.
Looking forward to see them painted.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:05 am 

dreadvoid wrote:
Where did you get the SW4100 LMG for Atilla? My three atillas has none.. epic weapon.
Looking forward to see them painted.

It was in the Cybertronic add-on pack from the kickstarter. I got two of them :P.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:26 am 

Nice.. No add-on packs in the store yet...
Atilla looks superb with large gun :D

What color scheme are you going to paint them?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:42 am 

dreadvoid wrote:
Nice.. No add-on packs in the store yet...
Atilla looks superb with large gun :D

What color scheme are you going to paint them?

Classic "Wolf" grey, with dark shades and metallics. Then either green or red eyes and plasma. I'm keeping it quite simple :).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:25 am 

Looks good :)
I'm in the same situation as you, since I found out that Prodos is coming to Gothcon I'm aiming to go up there over the day at least...but that means I have to paint something up as well. I hade already started Brotherhood so I will finish that up even though I have more units in Capitol.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:12 pm 

Looks great so far, the Atilla looks so much better with a bigger gun. Hope to see some more finished work soon and hopefully even at Gothcon.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:26 am 

Day 2.

So, time for todays update. I haven't made as much progress as I had hoped, but I did not want to compromise quality. Today I've done all of the bases (ruined cityscape style), with a little help from the GF, and put together a chasseur squad and my Warlord, Commander Diana. Pics below.

Todays full update.

The first Chasseur squad, with a SSW5500 RL.

Commander Diana.

Thanks for reading! Constructive feedback greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Kollar on Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:13 am 

Nice goal!

A tip depending on how much effort you plan to put into these, when you have models with guns held infront of them with both arms either glue very very little so you can seperate them easily again after priming for painting. Or don't put them on at all, instead prime and paint them on the sprues and then assemble them almost finished. I have found that it is often really hard to reach parts of the models when the guns are in the way. :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:51 am 

Pax wrote:
Nice goal!

A tip depending on how much effort you plan to put into these, when you have models with guns held infront of them with both arms either glue very very little so you can seperate them easily again after priming for painting. Or don't put them on at all, instead prime and paint them on the sprues and then assemble them almost finished. I have found that it is often really hard to reach parts of the models when the guns are in the way. :)

That is a good call, and one I will be following in the future, especially on centerpiece models. Here however I am on a schedule, and with the way I'm going to shade them it is more efficient to have eveything attached...