It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:04 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Quick reference sheet?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:21 am 

Just starting out and a bit overwhelmed by the rules , is there a video tutorial , reference sheet or any other resources I should use?

How many points is a basic army to start with?

I have a couple of 650 point lists done , but remembering all the unit special rules will take some time?

Any tips?

Which mission to start with?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:44 am 

We started playing a few days ago and for the first 2 games or so, we used what was inside a starter (no matter the points), no uinit weapon upgrades, no advanced card rules (so just resources), no scenario / missions... just line up and kill each other to get used to how the basic stuff works.
After that we balanced around 500 - 550 points with some weapon and unit upgrades.

For reference I printed out the 1.4 rule book from the download section and re-organised it in a more usefull way:
Like the chapters for basic-, move-, shoot-, melee- and psychic-actions following each other as a package or heroes, troops and vehicle rules as a package.

I also handed out a copy of the general special rules and the flowcharts at the beginning of each chapter for every player as a quick reference.

Even though we all have bought the rulebook, it´s kind of hard to find stuff in there with all the pictures and the way everything is organized :D

Then we just started playing and wrote down every question that accured and looked it up together afterwards (we are a group of 4, so there were quite some questions :roll: ) but after just a few games everything was settled and we are going to start with the advanced card rules, build your own hero etc. this weeks gaming session.

That worked quite well for us.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:45 am 

We just played a basic 500 point game.
We just used resource cards and put together a couple 500 point armies with basic ranged Warlords.
Cybertronic vs Capitol.

It was good fun , going add the cards next , we bough the mega packs today.

We have no idea on what cards to use ?

We had to look up a lot of stuff, the rule book is hard to follow.

Some questions.
Can you burn a card to shoot again ?
Can you burn a card to perform another CC attack ??

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:41 am 

Keith wrote:

We have no idea on what cards to use ?

We had to look up a lot of stuff, the rule book is hard to follow.

Some questions.
Can you burn a card to shoot again ?
Can you burn a card to perform another CC attack ??

I would say use the resource cards only, with the rules for "cards in basic games [Page 42]", thats easy enough to get used to having to manage cards without the overwhelming gear/strategic/tactic cards and a big deck.

You can burn to increase the RoF / RoA for 1 model by +1 once per turn. As page 30 says, no action can be used more than once per turn, burning for a second shoot/CC attack action wouldn´t work anyway I guess.

But take it with a pinch of salt, I´m a newbie myself :D