It is currently Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:03 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:27 am 

Thanks for the replies everyone

@ Duck_bird Hopefully it works out for you. I think the system has promise and I'm hoping it'll catch on with my group. I've had 2 demo games with one player interested in trying it again and another not to impressed. Hopefully a few more will be interested though. Have you considered being a crusader?

@ ADG_Wraith It's good to hear that Prodos was helpful. The crusader program seems pretty solid, should it catch on a bit here I might look at buying in. I just don't want to make the jump until there's some decent interest.

@ Raven911 I've seen your battle reports, always a good read. Do you feel your demos are reaching an audience, has you group grown at all?

@ Tezrek I'm over in Edmonton Alberta. I haven't found any kind of local community here, but I haven't dug real deep. Have the Demos in your area worked to grow the game? I agree about the buy in not being that much, that will help if i can garner some interest, one of the biggest issues is the fact no one really knows what Warzone is and where they can get it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:18 am 

Warzone appeared literally 2 months ago in my area. A guy at the FLGS found it when he was on vacation and talked the owners into stocking it. Theres about 5 of us that are active, 2 more we know play but we almost never see. Only race we are missing is Cybertronics as we have 2 Bauhaus/Mishima and 1 of the rest (including the guys we almost never see, ive yet to face Dark Legion because i never see the guy). I'm the Imperials guy.

Were constantly trying to drag new players in since its far far more accepting of new players than any other tabletop game considering its vastly cheaper, simpler, and still has epic models. I admit some of the models like the Greyhound are irritating to paint because of the way theyre casted but they still look great. Comparing to 40k (which is dying around here) this game costs pennies to play, and thats a huge attraction. I will say this though, if you get into it i would HIGHLY suggest downloading and bringing a copy of the Errata/FAQ because the normal rules has a lot of changes/typos. Theres still some glaring balance issues (3 of us myself included still believe PowerShots are too powerful for how easy they are to get). We've had a lot of unfair games ending in somewhat sour moods only to find out if we read the errata we would have found out they fixed that problem/nerfed that unit/made that rule make sense lol.

Wish it was bigger though. I live in Lincoln, Nebraska USA and if anyone knows anything about central America its barren/spread out like crazy. So finding players for any tabletop game is difficult. I imagine in a year or so Warzone might explode in popularity, since right now its kinda lacking in models. Heck half the models i want to use as an Imperial player literally dont exist yet rofl (i want mah BFG-tank "Bauhaus Bully" dang it!!!)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:03 pm 

I know there are a handful of players in my town, but it has been pretty quiet since the game was introduced at a gaming convention last summer. We don't have a game store so there isn't any really natural place to gather. There is a club, but not all WZR players in the area are members. The interest for the game is there though.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:10 pm 

Thanks for adding to the discussion guys. I've been busy lately so I haven't been able to play. I've managed 3 games so far in just over a month, and have a few people interested in trying it out. Now it's about finding the time. Considering summer's short here in Edmonton, Ab, Ca. that's a little tough, come winter though gaming should ramp up a bit. I'm still interested in people thoughts and how the game is progressing in your area, and if it's growing what do you feel is the reason for it's success. If I'm able to find the right selling point maybe I can generate some solid interest here.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:53 pm 

Hey Altasmurf, I'm also in Edmonton and although I've not played yet I've got some models and would like to give the game a try, where do you typically play?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:15 am 

Amphibious wrote:
Hey Altasmurf, I'm also in Edmonton and although I've not played yet I've got some models and would like to give the game a try, where do you typically play?

Pretty much my basement, but I'm more then willing to travel to a club or something. As of right now I have no miniatures, we just proxy stuff as we're trying to learn the rules and see if there's interest with in my group.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:25 pm 

duck_bird wrote:
Honestly I'm not entirely sure what happened. Yes folks had a few issues with the game as is, (I have some concerns as well, but still love the game), but I'm not sure what really happened.

We still have a few folks who play at home and whatnot, but it's pretty much dead at our store. We're gonna make a revival effort in the next few months, but I am not sure what to expect.

Hey duck_bird, I saw that your playing out of Glen Burnie (from the 'Find a Warzone' thread) I'm moving to the area at the start of the month, is your store Drop Zone? If so I'd love to play, I've got around 1k of Bauhaus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:58 pm 

Apart from a couple of forum users that I have not been able to contact, I haven't seen any indication whatsoever of the existence of a warzone resurrection community in London. It's a pity!
It's strange, before moving here I always imagined London as some place lots of different games would be played but reality is very far from it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:18 am 

I am glad to hear my experience is not so different from others. I cut my wargaming teeth on Warzone 1e via its gateway drug, Siege of the Citadel back when...

As for now, I've got one buddy who plays (usually in one of our basements) and a few others who are mourning the loss of WHFB and may jump aboard. A total of 4 of us if we can convince them...

I'm in Southern Minnesota (near Austin/Rochester/Owatonna) and as others have said, gamers are hard to find out in farm country. I'm planning on doing demos in Minneapolis/St. Paul soon though!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:36 pm 

Yeah, getting people to try new games is a pain, I'm hoping when I get my AVP stuff I'll be able to use it as a gateway drug to WZR aswell