It is currently Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:10 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:33 am 

It should work well for that. I didn't back AvP, but am kind of regretting that now. Among my gamer friends, the MC universe rings a faint bell, but AvP would have them fawning. Sad since MC is such a rich universe (waiting with bated breath for Dark Eden)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:07 am 

In Italy the game is growing well. 2 national tournament are scheduled for september, and more shops are starting to promote the game.

Above all the rules are generally very appreciated, especially by those who come from a old system based on d6. :o

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:31 pm 

I am still new to WZR, although I played 1st edition when I was child, but I must say that Czech community is also doing a great progress and I am happy about that.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:16 pm 

UK scene seems a bit so so to me.

My local gaming group has a couple of players and we will play our second game soon. Other than that I don't know any other people who play the game.

Prodos's reputation has taken bit of a hit recently and I think that is keeping a few people who I know away from them and their games. Could change in the near future but I doubt it.

Its a shame as the background and miniatures are generally quite good.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:56 am 

@ Marvin
I agree the aliens vs predator KS thing seems to have given Prodos a bit of a black eye.

I've managed a few more games with some different people. For the most part people are interested in the rules, not so much the models (mostly due to no local supplier). I don't think the advanced card aspect will ever really grab on here either. So it's tough to say if the game will make any kind of impact with my group.

I'm also not sure how much the new imperial army book is going to help/hinder warzone. So many fancy rules, and global rules being modified in a faction book are two things that start to leave a sour taste in people's minds, at least with my group. But once again I'm glad to hear there's growing interests in Europe it seems so hopefully it can make a go of it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:35 am 

This is a particularly difficult time to be launching a new game, due to market saturation (new game systems coming out all the time, trying to step into the increasing void around GW). It will be interesting to see what happens in five to ten year's time when the field of candidates is reduced somewhat through natural attrition.

WZR and AVP both have such huge amounts of background behind them that they're not as likely to go under. Warzone has come back before but the companies holding it have not survived, and this time around we have some truly excellent models to support the game (something we've never had before!). That said, it's still a small and growing game, and it's helpful for everyone to help out in making it grow.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:31 pm 

Not very but I have been playing it on line for some time and actually got a demo in the flesh at Spirit Games the other week thoroughly enjoyed it and have every intention of trying to stir up some local interest

http://www.spiritgames.co.uk/articles.php?menu=10&arti=200

The scenery in the pictures is mine and was built for 28mm historical gaming but its what we had to hand at the time

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:16 am 

Our community here in Prague (Czech Republic) is pretty active, our nerd population constantly growing - 25-28 players, however not everyone is competitive gamer, If you find yourself in or around the Central Europe you are most welcome to join !
more info about the community here facebook.com/WZRPrague
The most active community is around the local club called "Ogri Doupe" facebook.com/OgriDoupe

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:47 pm 

Corvuscorax wrote:
Our community here in Prague (Czech Republic) is pretty active, our nerd population constantly growing - 25-28 players, however not everyone is competitive gamer, If you find yourself in or around the Central Europe you are most welcome to join !
more info about the community here facebook.com/WZRPrague
The most active community is around the local club called "Ogri Doupe" facebook.com/OgriDoupe

I love that you called your group a nerd population. That's what my wife and I call the groups I hang out with.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:39 am 

We call it nerd night ;-)