It is currently Mon May 28, 2018 4:31 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:17 am 

I have purchased a lot of Warzone Resurrection Resin miniatures since Prodos games re-released Mutant Chronicles in its new format.

Unfortunately I had heard that Prodos were busy with AvP and were not filling their orders for it, and subsequently that is why my Warzone minis were not getting to the local gaming store from their supplier.

What I found out after buying minis from my local store and direct from Prodos is that a percentage of the miniatures that I received did not come with their bases. Some were missing parts like heads, alternate arm/ weapon combinations, etc. Some of the minis had huge air pockets in them which made the limb or body part look disfigured, and I had to use a lot of filler and glue to correct the problem. Some were as poor a cast as G.W.s fine cast minis, and that is saying something, as I really hate GWs fine cast minis.

The bases I had to order spare bases from either my gaming store, or an alternate supplier. I had heard that others had tried to get their minis replaced or get bases delivered, but had not been answered by Prodos, so decided it would be a waste of time.

I have 5 Huge armies, each worth well about 350 - 450 pounds each Australian $ 700 to 900 dollars each. Mishima is the latest, with Imperial MOW, Imperial Wolfbane, Bauhaus and Brotherhood completing the collection. I worked it out and I have nearly 20,000 points of forces collected. With such a large collection, things like missing bases, and legs that are hanging by a small piece just below the knee make it both expensive and very time consuming to build and complete my armies.

Has anyone else had similar experiences to mine, and if you contacted Prodos, did they actually replace the damaged minis or supply the missing bases weapons or heads, etc that should have been in the kit?

My latest purchase which is Mishima (from my hobby store) just the other day had an intro box set with no bases for the 10 ronin samurai or the Warlord, and 2 Demon humters for 2 separate packs had damaged limbs which I had to fix. I still have the 25 Samurai, most of the Lords/ Warlords, Hunshu Dragon Riders, Meka, and Hatamato to de-flash and build yet, so I will have to hope they do not have large air pockets in them.

I ordered 2 orders online last week to complete a great deal for all 5 armies, and these orders will most likely be missing bases and have heavy damage from air pockets as well. I am just wondering if I should try to get the damaged one replaced, or spend the extreme amount of extra time to fix the damage. Does Prodos customer service listen and replace the faulty goods.

I know GW has stopped replacing damaged minis since 3 out of 4 minis were heavily damaged, and they could not keep up with replacing them. Especially when the replacement mini was also damaged.

What is your opinion, should I even try to get my minis replaced, and bases supplied?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:05 pm 

You should definitely write about your problems and provide pictures on this email: Agata.mazurek@prodos.co.UK

Prodos customer service has been very very good every time i've needed it, so don't hesistate, i'm sure they will sort things out for you.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:10 am 

@Daemonette666, seeing as you're in Australia I can sort you out. I've been buying resin bases for all of my minis, so I have piles of the things spare!

What part of the country are you in?

Also, I've generally not had an issue with their casting quality or parts included. They do miss things occasionally, but they're always willing to send replacements. In fact, most of the minis that I get have even gone so far as to not have any mould lines (in the majority of cases). Definitely email them to get replacements.

The AVP thing is mostly around their issues with approval from Fox. It took so long that Prodos are now having to scramble to keep up, and as the add-on wargame minis weren't approved in one hit with the boxed boardgame, they're having to do shipping in waves. That's causing financial hardship for them and therefore they've had to sell to retail stores before all of their backers got their board games.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:28 am 

I am in Sydney. The models can be very high quality, however I have had some that had a huge amount of flash or mold lines. Some minis look half decent at first glance then when you remove the flashing, the hole become obvious and then you have to be real careful not to cause the leg or arm to drop off.

Next time I get time to work on my models (probably once I get the Weapon add on kits for my Wolfbanes)I will see if any of my wolfbanes, etc have any air holes in them and put photos of them on here. Some of the holes are not so bad that they cause a limb to nearly fall of, but they do make it so that I can not recreate the detail with green stuff, etc.

I have ordered replacement bases from my hobby store to make up for the missing bases. So far I have counted 26 bases of different sizes were missing. Not so bad considering the amount of minis I have collected for the game.

I guess I have had bad experiences with GW customer service and getting replacements for the damaged minis I bought. 2 packs of Plague Marines for example where one had a stub for an arm, and another had half a head because of an air pocket.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:37 am 

I've always found Prodos customer service to be great (in terms of providing replacements and/or missing parts), the only issue is getting a hold of them. I suspect they receive more email per day than they can effectively clear, so be prepared to send a couple of emails to them before they respond (although sometimes you'll get them first time!).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:20 am 

I finally got time to take photos of some of the damaged - air bubble or mold miscast minis. I had to do a few things to repair the damage from putty, superglue and rapid cure. and even replacement of part of the miniature with alternative parts. I replaced the end of 2 of the Hatamoto's rifles with Brotherhood rifle ends, and I got a 3rd party company monster bits pack to replace the claws of the worst damaged Kunshu Dragon.

Before pictures below.

I have had a lot of problems with the Wolfbane, Mishima and some problems with the other armies I have Imperial MOW, Bauhaus & Brotherhood. Missing head options, biker wings, damaged weapons, missing bases, air bubbles etc.

The Hatamoto that has his left lower leg glued in place had snapped at the air bubble. I had to fill the hole in on both parts and then gle them together. Notice the seam where the leg joins. It was a similar size hole to that seen on the Ronin Samurai, which was later repaired using the same method.

I hope Customer service can replace the bases. As to the rest, I have repaired the damage as best I can. I just hope Prodos will improve their quality control, and fix the air bubbles problem.

Hopefully

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:16 pm 

How long does it take for customer service to reply to inquiries about incorrect products, faults and missing parts from miniatures you purchased? As I have mentioned before, I refuse to use Skype, Twitter, Facebook, etc, and I send my inquiries via the service or customer service email address the company provides.

I purchased a Capitol army from my local hobby store, and from experience with how long it takes to get an initial order processed and delivered by Prodos Games, I knew that if I had to go through my local gaming store, they would have to go through their regional supplier, who has to go up the chain till Prodos finally get the inquiry about the incorrectly packaged order.

In my case, 2 Capitol starter packs had Mitch Hunter and Pride replacing Big Bob Watts but there was the card for Big Bob Watts and no base for Pride. Also one of the Seal Lions packs was missing a torso. I also found out later on while putting them together that a Martian Banshee had a shiny skein of Resin on it that looked like a mold miscast, but when I lifted the skein of resin off, it peeled back to show the detail below. I also found some of the Heavy Infantry had small bits of mold which had broken off. This means miniatures cast later on would have the detail miscast and the mold would need fixing. The last point is for your interest to let you know for your quality control to fix the mold.

Is there a faster way of getting the Torso replaced instead of going through a complicated series of go-betweens (if they even bother to forward on the inquiry? As for Big Bob Watts, I had to buy an individual Blister from the store to fill out his slot in the OOC. I waited 4 days for a reply from the Customer Service email, and no-one has replied yet.

O.K. an addition to what went wrong with the order that I found today 20/01/2016. The individual pack that I got with Mitch Hunter and Pride did not have the Mitch Hunter reference card in it. Is there a site or fan made link where I can download the relevant cards and print them out?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:15 am 

From what I've seen on facebook, a few weeks to a month.
Granted I understand your position on Facebook and other methods of communication.

I do not presume to speak for any one or any of the moderators, but your best option is to send one of the volunteer community mods a PM about you situation so that they can make the appeal on Facebook or through a more reliable email. Once again, I do not presume to speak for any one, and this might not actually work.

I don't know who you've been emailing, but 2 days ago Jarek said that the email below is the one you should be contacting.

Agata.mazurek@prodos.co.uk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:29 am 

Thanks, I have been using service@prodos.co.uk which is the contact us email address on the store website.

Just incase, I was interested if there are any fan made or Prodos made reference cards that had slightly larger text that I could download and print out?

I will try the email address you supplied and pose my question about the errors I found in my Capitol army.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:04 pm 

I received an order, but the packages within was really damaged. Also the external plastic of the blisters was wrecked and some minis damaged.

It's really a regret, because the miniatures are really cool...

I'm thinking that customers care a good product but they care receive it in excellent condition too.