It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:37 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:00 pm 

Hi I'm new to the board and very interested in Warzone resurrection. It seems to me that it seems like a pretty quiet community. There's not to much on the web when it comes to blogs, or battle reports. I'm not trying to insult anyone or the game, I'm just curious if more people are playing than it seems. I'm in Canada and there doesn't seem to be any suppliers up this way.

So I guess my question is who do you play with? Just a buddy, is it played at your local store.
If you're in Canada do you have a group? Where do you get your models.
Do you feel this is a game on the rise? Or will it just kind of grab a solid cult following.

Just curious to hear your thoughts.

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:56 pm 

Something to keep in mind, is that Warzone Resurrection is relatively new to the scene and I'm pretty sure all of there production is handled in Poland. So it might take some time before it can become a staple in the tabletop gaming community and easily accessible outside of Europe. Luckily, based off of these forums and the (from what I understand) massive success of their Kickstarter, there is a solid foundation of fans from previous editions to spread the gospel of Warzone. As for who to play with, I guess that depends on your situation. If you have friends who play games like this I'd start by trying to get them into it. There aren't any game shops in the rural backwater area I live in, so I'm not sure what to recommend for that other than to talk to your local proprietor about the game. As for buying the miniatures, I thought I saw a thread mention something about contacting a certain member of the Prodos team if your local store doesn't carry Prodos products. Alternatively you can find stores who conduct business online. Personally, I'd probably recommend Ebay, as I've order all my Warzone stuff from a store that operates on there. Sadly there's not much interest for things like Warzone here in Rural Kansas, USA. My gaming group is only 9 people and only about 5 of us play Warzone.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:13 pm 

We made a big push to get warzone going at our local store, (which is very big), but sadly it does not seem to be taking off. A lot of people bought a lot of stuff, but actually getting folks to play has been very hard. I really thought we had it going for a while, but it's kinda fizzled. Seems people primarily play warmahordes, infinity, or 40k. Big bummer.

I'm hoping we can keep growing in the future, but as is it doesn't feel like there's a huge WZR scene in the states. All the events and tournies I see are going on in Europe.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:03 pm 

Rob Alderman is the contact for most of the world if you're looking to get your store stocking it. for Canada, I'm not sure if that falls under the Americas or ROW, but if it's the Americas Jim Vidlak is your man.

I feel your pain- I'm in Australia, so the retailers here are reluctant to get into things unless they can get a decent margin. Shipping is a killer in terms of bottom line and they know they're competing with the direct internet sales market.

@Duck_bird, do you have anyone who is a Prodos Crusader over there? I've managed to push Warzone out there with the help of a handful of other people, and it's just now starting to take off in Australia. This involved running demo stands at major gaming conventions, heading interstate to hook up with other former fans of previous editions, and taking control of things locally. We're running a slow-grow here at the moment, have you considered trying that?

Also, CTC magazine had three issues with a bit of a 'how to' run demo games in it. If you're interested, have a look in there and maybe you can snag a few more gamers!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:02 pm 

Not exactly sure on Prodos Crusaders. There was talk of getting some of the folks from Philly to come down and try to help us run some events or garner interest, but I'm not sure how that's proceeding.

We did a slow grow lol. We had like 15 people signed up and playing week 1 but not a single person still in it at the end. A lot of people bought a lot of stuff but the game just seems to have died. I'm very bummed, lol.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:36 pm 

@ Steinwand
For sure warzone is in its infancy, but it almost seems like Prodos isn't really trying to get it out there. I remember back in the day when warzone was the rival to 40 k and I guess I just figured Prodos would have been able to grab enough of the old school gamers to grab a foothold. Around these parts people are getting frustrated with GW, so there is a little bit of a "people looking for a new game" vibe. I also get the feeling that it's happening else where as well. I guess I'm just a little surprised with, as you say, the popularity of the KS and the old player base, that WZR doesn't have a little bit more coverage out there.

@ Duck_bird
I'm interested to know why interest dropped in your neck of the woods. So far I've played 2 games with 2 friends and both were a bit interested, but both expressed concerns with some initial balance issues. As a group we realize that we need to see more games before saying it's a lost cause though.

@ADG_Wraithknight
I'm not to worried about the minis in the end we're content enough to proxy for now. I am curious if prodos helped you to expand the game in your area through the crusader program in your area or has it just been some dedicated fans just trying to jump start WZR.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:42 am 

Honestly I'm not entirely sure what happened. Yes folks had a few issues with the game as is, (I have some concerns as well, but still love the game), but I'm not sure what really happened.

We still have a few folks who play at home and whatnot, but it's pretty much dead at our store. We're gonna make a revival effort in the next few months, but I am not sure what to expect.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:19 pm 

Prodos (Rob Alderman in particular!) have been very supportive in getting things started, with acknowledgements that Australia is a smaller and more distant market so they won't necessarily be able to get in easily or generate a large volume of sales.

Prodos have been very busy lately with the Expo tourney, new versions of HOTSS and Imperial coming out. That's not to mention the runaround that has happened with AVP! I think they are getting more of the game sorted out before pushing for a major expansion, although AVP will do that for them naturally.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:00 pm 

Doug and I have held several demos, things being what they are I haven't been able to hold as many as I would like. I WILL eventually break the hold 40k has in the area. Hell,cost value alone is worth checking out. 60 bucks for a starter set? You can't beat that.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:45 am 

Atlassmurf, where are you from? Here in Quebec we are pretty active, with regular demo every months and just short of a few serious player to start events!

If you want to read about the game, check out this awesome fanzine: https://www.facebook.com/CTCMagazine?fref=ts

Randomly, I can say that the game is pretty new on the market. I don't think any canadians provider have it, so no shop just take a chance and stock it.

In areas with Crusader (There is one in Quebec and one in Montreal), if demos work, Prodos can directly contact the store to help them stock. You could certainly apply as a Crusader if you want Warzone Resurrection to grow in your area :)

The game is good, and the mini are pretty and on the ''not too costly'' side. Like Warma/Horde a few year ago, the game just need dedicated players (and shop!) to grow.

I think ;)