It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:37 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Here's an idea
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:03 pm 

Anyone remember or participate in the Third War for Armageddon way back in the day? AGD Wraith gave me the idea with his narrative campaign that he has coming up. How cool would it be if Prodos had a WVR event were players could participate by playing certain missions and then reporting the results, and those would affect other missions and even the history? Factions could be teamed up together or at least play for certain sides even though the factions may differ.

Wiz kids did this with mechwarrior as well with monthly campaigns and it was a lot of fun.

Post subject: Re: Here's an idea
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:07 pm 

That's a really good idea. If Prodos doesn't pick this up, I'd be more than willing to devote a few hours a week to try and get something fan run ready and solid for next summer.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:50 am 

Would be great. Add Malifaux to your list of games and companies doing this. GW too.

Would be a nice way to market Warzone 2.0.

Could fight for control of a planet, continent, asteroid, etc. if you make it map based.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:29 pm 

Might be better to start out as a continent if we have to do it ourselves. Anyone good with graphics? We could use actual maps from nasa and use those, then divide them up into sections.

How best to do sides? Each corp vs all the others? I would think that the factions are fighting for control of resources for themselves, dark legion is just for total domination, and brotherhood, not sure other than fight DL were ever they find them. Majority of faction wins gets the section?

We could use the tournament missions for the campaign missions, but maybe set points limits. Or have small 500pt games that the winner of will get a bonus something in the next bigger mission, like an actors resource card or two, something like that. At the end of the month the scores are tallied and the map is changed to represent the results. I don't kbow, just throwing ideas out there.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:47 pm 

If we set the time period as around the end of the Second Corporate War and beginning of the Second Dark Legion war. This would allow it to take place on any planet really, with any faction facing any other faction. I don't think we should decide what planet until we have a decent list on possible supporters (example if we have a lot of Bauhaus players set it on Venus, Capitol players Mars, etc).

Probably the best thing to do would have players sign up for sectors. Size of sectors would be determined by who signs up where (Real world geographic region). The amount of players in a sector would denote it's points value. At the end of the campaign see which faction (in each sector) had the most wins with the fewest loses and they would win the sector.

Make games weekly or bi weekly? Start games at 500 pts and then progress to 1500-2000? 250 point increments a game? This way if someone only has one other player in there sector every week at least the game would be different in size.

Our most difficult task would be having people in situations where there are only 1 or 2 other players that play in the area participate and still be able to make their contributions feel as though they mattered.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:41 pm 

Guys, I'd be interested in kicking this off via CTC. I think monthly updates of results might be the way to go, and run it from the start of December to February or something like that.

Sector-based campaigns can lump all of a particular geographic region together.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:14 pm 

I was looking on mutant pedia last night and there are maps of Venus and Mars in the books. Maybe we could use those.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:31 am 

Brotherhood might be there to find some relic and need to control the territory and push out the Corporations/DL to ensure its secrecy. Regardless.... This would be awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:20 am 

Raven911 wrote:
I was looking on mutant pedia last night and there are maps of Venus and Mars in the books. Maybe we could use those.

Just a heads up those maps have changed massively with Mophidius' Mutant Chronicles RPG, which until Prodos do maps I would say is the better bet than using the older Warzone stuff

A few suggestions for where the fighting could take place:
Southern Mars, Bauhaus, Dark Legion, Mishima and Capitol all have stakes here, Imperial have some holdings (closer to the equator from memory), Brotherhood will have some small steak in the mega corp's turf (Including in Mariko's Mishima holdings). Cybers are more in the north but who wouldn't expect them to have a secret base...

The Graviton Archipelago on Venus. One of the hottest Warzones in the Solar System with pretty much everyone in it or very close.

The Asteroid Belt, because there is a ton of unexploited resources and Imperial/cybertronic haven't claimed it all yet.

Dark Eden, scouting parties have been sent to old Europe/Middle East but what about Africa, Asia, Australia, North America, or better yet South America? Surely Krenshaw and Mitch Hunter were there for a reason?

ADG_Wraith wrote:
Guys, I'd be interested in kicking this off via CTC. I think monthly updates of results might be the way to go, and run it from the start of December to February or something like that.

I like the sound of that.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:01 pm 

I hear there are some storm clouds building on Mars...