It is currently Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:56 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:56 pm 

Hey all!

I was thinking the other day:

Wouldn't it be nice to have an android app to quickly create card decks and possibly even use them in our games? An app which will enforce the card type limitations (min 35 cards, 5 tactics with same name etc) and have a virtual hand to draw cards, hide them if necessary to show a single one to the other player etc etc.

Unfortunately I am not much of a programmer, but I am a decent graphic artist. So I am willing to create jpgs (or pngs) from the pdfs with all the cards from the factions.

I could also create the app's graphics. But that greatly depends on many factors so no promises there.

If anyone knows how to handle the mystical forces of coding, I'll be happy to cooperate to make everyone's life a little easier.

P.S. Only contact me if you are serious. To quote Chris Reynolds, projects like these "run on blood, sweat and tears".

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:02 am 

I would be all over that. It should work for android and apple as well. Get to it soldier, that 64GB SD card in my Fire isn't going to fill its self. :D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:03 pm 

Hey Raven911!

Thank you for answering. I really hope we can make everyone's life a little more awesome.
I agree that it should work for all platforms. This is for the whole community after all.
I have a few questions, before we can get started. These questions are also to anyone else, willing to help:

1) Do you have any prior experience in apps? If yes, please elaborate. If no, please specify your future course of action.

2) What are the card dimensions that you believe will be best and in what format? We have to find a balance between image clarity, and minimum file size.

3) I have an outline of the app's menus and functions, but I would really like to discuss it and hear your thoughts. More brains are better than one, right?

4) If you know about the existence of a free android/apple app that can be customized like Lackeyccg for pcs, let me know. That should speed things up immensely.

5) If you have any ideas that you think will make this app better in any way, let me hear them!

Anyone willing to get his boots dirty, either post here or send me a pm. Unless anyone else wants to be the project's director, I'll take this responsibility. But I am willing to offer the seat and just be the jpg-making guy, because this is not my baby. It is EVERYONE' s baby.

We will use this topic for updates, feedback etc. I will wait for responses for a week, and during that time I'll make the project's overall plan. After the 13th of December 2015, the project will either begin or go into hiatus (because you know, life).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:52 am 

What I meant was I would love to have an app like this, as far as making it, sorry, haven't got a clue :D

What I would like to see as a user, something with good graphics or scanned cards, with easy to read text. Sometimes the cards have small writing and its hard to read clearly.

something else I would like to see included would be unit and resource cards. There would be something that would calculate the amount of RC based on troop units and type of WL, maybe show them layed out, and tap on them to turn to burn, and tap and hold to remove them. Maybe for the cards tap to use and it automatically TTBs the RC, and something to tap for the start of the next turn that automatically resets the RC, and draws a new card from the deck for your hand.

Does any of that make sense?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:10 pm 

These are all excellent ideas. Resource management didn't even cross my mind!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:15 pm 

There is no one at the moment available for this project, so I'll put it in hiatus.

Of course if anyone is interested in the future, I'll be more than happy to cooperate.